“The best B&B I have ever stayed in...”
Review of Linnett Hill

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keswick
Linnett Hill
Ranked #7 of 175 Keswick B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“The best B&B I have ever stayed in...”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My wife and I run a Lake District based business, selling maps for local routes. We do not however live in the Lake District. As such we have frequented every camp site in the Lakes and probably over 25 of the B&Bs. Linnett Hill is hands down the best one we have stayed in. Aside from the modern and clean interior which was a welcome break from some of the more dated places we have stayed, Mandy and Andy were amazing hosts. Very friendly, very knowledgeable and Andy cooks a great breakfast! I am about to book a repeat stay for September, and when we are visiting the north Lakes I expect we won't stay anywhere else...

Well done Linnett Hill!

2 Thank Andy L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I recently stayed at Linnet Hill and found the whole experience wonderful. The spacious off road car parking was such a surprise as Keswick is renown for its lack of parking. I was then greeted by the owner who was expecting me and made me feel most welcome. She showed me all the facilities on the ground floor that were available to guests before showing me to my room. The room was very nicely decorated and had crisp white clean bed linen. The en-suite was just perfect and very trendy. The next morning the choice for breakfast was just too much - but I did my best.
I would definately stay at Linnet Hill again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Gill S
Driffield
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed at linnett hill three nights over the bank holiday with friends,what a great place,Andy and Mandy were the ideal hosts,the rooms were a very high standard ,what more can we say other than simply the best,we will be back

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms six and four both rooms had plenty of space room six had a bath which was very mu...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
york
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and wished we could of stopped longer. Our hosts Andy and Mandy were the ideal hosts with a great knack of remembering everyones names, we stayed in a room at the back which was very clean and decorated to a bright and modern finish, the breakfasts were excellent and Mandy was very informative and provided us with a map for a walk around the lake which was great and luckily topped with great weather. Parking at the back was very useful. Lots of little extra touches throughout make the Linnett Hill a must and we will definitely be returning when stopping in Keswick or the lakes.
Many Thanks Lee and Lyn

2 Thank lee p
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

What can I say? Without exaggeration this is the best B&B we have stayed in. All of the rooms are decorated to a modern, high standard and are well kept. Off street parking at the rear is an added bonus. The breakfast was lovely and there were plenty of variations on the full English for those with a smaller appetite. The owners Andy and Mandy were very friendly and accommodating, and made us feel very welcome. The little extra touches like the bottled water in the bedrooms and the snacks in the guest lounge set Linnett HIll apart from the rest. We would not hesitate to recommend this guest house.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 3 which is the room pictured on the website with the window seat. The room was lov...
1 Thank Michelle W
uk
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed at Linnett Hill last week, what a joy! An immaculate guest house, we simply couldn't find fault with anything. Decor is beautiful and tasteful, breakfasts delicious, hosts just lovely. We were in a room at the rear of the house which was very quiet and peaceful. We are regulars in the Lake District and have our favorite accommodation in various locations around there. We can safely say that Linnett Hill is our new favorite in Keswick and hope to return very soon.

Room Tip: we had a room at the back of the house which was very peaceful - can't comment on rooms at the f...
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here over Easter. We were both delighted by the location, but also by the quality of the B&B. The owners were both lovely and very knowledgeable about the surrounding area, they were always able to help us with our Hiking plans. The room we had was at the back and very peaceful. The breakfasts were great!

The next time we are in the lake district I know where we will be staying!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keswick
The Keswick Country House Hotel
#2 of 175 in Keswick
LakeSide House
LakeSide House
#10 of 175 in Keswick

Been to Linnett Hill? Share your experiences!