Linnett Hill
  • Breakfast included
US$230
US$187
US$154
The Borrowdale Gates Hotel(Grange-in-Borrowdale)
US$247
US$240
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsandy mandyb bperfect hostsguest loungeprivate car parkbiscuitsnothing is too much troublefresh milkhigh standardbottled waterthought of everythinglittle extrasmuddy bootsreal bonusexcellent reviewsfull englishwarm welcome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here very recently just for one night as we were moving on to Nottingham for a wedding. What a place. From the owners Andy and mandy, to the decor, to the breakfast, we couldn't have asked for more. Just a stones throw from the main street with plenty of restaurants, cafés and bars, so perfect location. We are only too happy to recommend this b & b and hopefully we will get a chance to return. Keep the good work.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marie P
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed for two nights at Linnett Hill as a base for my Lakes 10 Peaks Challenge at the end of April. Andy and Mandy couldn't have been more accommodating, especially as I had to be up and leaving at 5am to head for the hills - they even left me a breakfast buttie in the guest fridge for me to take when I left! I stayed in the single room, which is small but perfectly formed with all the luxuries you would expect - en suite shower & loo, TV, tea, coffee & biscuits, fluffy white towels etc. After my second night I was able to eat my breakfast there rather than take it with me, and had a beautifully cooked full English. There were also lots of other options available, plus cereals, fruit, croissants etc. Andy & Mandy were very friendly and cheerful, and really made me feel at home. They are also very knowledgeable about the area, and keen fell walkers too. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to use Keswick as their base.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kate B
Reviewed 2 June 2014

If you choose to stay at Linnett Hill, you wont be let down at all! Lovely B&B, with great decor, clean and comfortable. Andy and Mandy were welcoming and even remembered our names- a wonderful personal touch!
If you are looking to stay in Keswick, then Linnett Hill is the place to stay.

Thank you for a pleasant stay- see you soon!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CKA817
Reviewed 1 June 2014

After far too many years away from Keswick, we finally got the chance recently for a 3-nights return. Based on other TA reviews, Linnett Hill stood out a country mile. No way can I swim against the tide of opinion here: the place is as close to perfect as I am ever likely to find. Other reviewers have already covered all of the points, that I can only echo: location, car parking available, accommodation and breakfasts, the warmth and friendliness of Andy and Mandy. Genuinely I can't think of anything that could be improved. Seasoned travellers will recognise that there are rare places that are special, that have "it". That's Linnett Hill.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tescotogs_hubby
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Eight of us stayed at Linnett Hill on a golfing holiday. This guest house is first class in every way, nothing was too much trouble for Mandy and Andy who looked after us with a great deal of care and attention. All the rooms are well decorated, spotlessly clean with quality fittings throughout.
Having its own private car park is a real bonus and appreciated by all visitors. The cooked breakfast was excellent with many choices available to meet a variety of needs whilst at the same time offering a wide selection of starters. The guest house is close to the centre of Keswick so walking to the town centre was a mere stroll. Our Group were all impressed by Linnett Hill and we will go back either as a group or individually. A little gem.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends