“The Edwardene, Southey Street, Keswick - a pleasure to visit”
Review of Edwardene Hotel

Edwardene Hotel
Ranked #26 of 196 Keswick B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I went to Keswick for a school reunion and booked the Edwardene by telephone which was easy and very friendly. My hosts were excellent, friendly and helpful and the hotel has a very pleasant ambience and is full of wonderful local pictures. The bed was sooooo comfortable and the shower was fantastic - not one of those electric things that dribbles small volumes of water. The breakfasts were superb - lots of choice and top quality local produce, but mainly it was served fresh and really hot which I much prefer. Only slight disadvantage was that in common with most hotels in this part of Keswick, the views are limited to those over rooftops, so top floor helps. Excellent lounge with lots of good local books and guides. I hope to return soon.

Room Tip: I had a single (The 'Teal') - small but everything I needed, great bed and shower
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 September 2012

My daughter and I spent 3 nights in the Edwardene Hotel in August of this year. The Edwardene prides itself on providing a luxurious experience and this was certainly the case, at a very affordable price. Both of our single rooms were relatively small but smartly decorated and provided with all the extras you would hope for including a good range of washcare products, etc. The en-suite shower was excellent and the bed was extremely comfortable. The proprietors were really lovely and the breakfasts were excellent with a good choice and high quality crockery, etc. The location is good, just a very short walk from the town centre and starting points for walks to Skiddaw, Latrigg, etc, but quiet and peaceful, apart from the bin lorry one morning!
Highly recommended. I am planning to take my wife to stay there in the not too distant future - using a double room this time, a couple of which I saw and looked very nice.

3  Thank Ian P
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We stayed at the Edwardene Hotel for 2 nights on 7th September.

I chose the hotel mainly based on previous reviews on Trip Advisor and was not disappointed.

I think one of the positives of this bed and breakfasts is that the owner Marie, seemed genuinely friendly and considerate as a host.

I wanted a bottle of wine to be left in the room for my partner's birthday, on our arrival and I emailed the hotel. This was no problem for them and was a nice touch (obviously we had to pay for this).

The bedroom (Myrtle) was well decorated with a nice comfy bed and an attractive bathroom and power shower. We had a king sized bed which we paid a slightly higher rate for.

The towels were nice too and the whole place was spotlessly clean. There is a nice traditional style lounge upstairs with a radio.

The location is great, it was literally 2 mins walk from the shops, and maybe 3-4 mins walk to the town square, so really convenient.

The breakfast was lovely. Good quality ingredients, tasty and well presented. My partner said it was the best breakfast he had ever had at a keswick B&B. We also tried the salmon and scrambled eggs which was nice but my partner prefered the full english so regretted ordering the latter. Just to reiterate, the scrambled eggs are still delicious, it was just a lighter option that the full breakfast!

There is really nothing I can fault about my experience at the Edwardene Hotel. It is perhaps slightly pricier than one or two other B&B's around it, but then at least you know you are paying for a nice place to stay with good food.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

This is my second time here, and will return if not full. The B&B was quiet, clean, with friendly staff and cosy bedroom.
It is located, just off one of the main roads, and so you can't hear any traffic, and it is within 3-5 mins walk of the town centre (5 for the bus station if you run like me).
Breakfast was lovely and very filling (and it was gluten free as requested).
No problems with shower or bedroom at all, and the owners were very friendly throughout.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Tg12345g
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Our family of four recently stayed at this lovely small hotel. The owners are extremely friendly and helpful. The children were made to feel welcome, the room was comfortable and spotlessly clean and the breakfast was the best in the Lakes. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

Me my husband and son (15) stayed here for 2 nights 30- 31st August and wow what a lovely hotel, to start Marie and russell who run the hotel were really nice made us feel welcome, showed us around took our bags to our room, the room was very clean the beds were so comfortable found it hard to get hubby and son up in the morning, the breakfast was the best it set us up for the day, Marie and Russell were always there, they helped us with directions and places to go they were very friendly, this hotel should be a 5 star not a 4 star, we couldn't find any reason why it shouldn't be 5* we would like to thank Marie and Russell for making our stay relaxing we will be back again

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 29 August 2012

This is a fantastic B&B. The owners are lovely and super helpful, the building is full of character and the rooms have been refurbished to a really good standard, and the breakfast was great - a choice of a full cooked breakfast or smoked salmon and scrambled eggs (or anything in between). I would recommend this B&B wholeheartedly to anyone going to Keswick.

Room Tip: My family and I had five of the rooms between us and no one had any complaints.