Edwardene Hotel
The Pheasant Inn(Bassenthwaite)
US$215
US$188
US$86
The Borrowdale Gates Hotel(Grange-in-Borrowdale)
US$237
US$230
Lodore Falls Hotel(Borrowdale)
US$274
US$242
  • Restaurant
All reviewswarm welcomesouthey streettown centreperfect breakfastsitting roomhigh standardcomfortable bedwould highly recommend this hotelparking spacecooked breakfastquiet streetfriendly hostssingle roomperfect hostspoached eggsfirst classfeel very welcome
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Been visiting for 5 years and standards get better. Friendly couple.
Rooms clean and lovely bedding.
Secure premises with access 24 hours a day.
Nothing is too much trouble for the owners.
Ease of access to Keswick centre.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Dustym30
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I had a very enjoyable two night stay with a group of friends.

The whole hotel has a quality feel.
The beds were very comfortable.
Rooms were nicely decorated with a modern clean bathroom.
Breakfast was very nice.

I would happily recommend this hotel to other people, and would stay again if I was visiting Keswick.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Normallywithkids
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Recently stayed with four friends over a weekend.

Great selection of rooms, single, twin, double and family rooms.
Great value.
Great location very close to Keswick town centre.
Very friendly, helpful staff - gave advice on local walks, local pubs and local restaurants.
Very good breakfast.
Excellent cleanliness.

Nothing negative about our stay whatsoever.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ManchesterKurt
Reviewed 30 September 2012

This is our 4th Visit to the Edwardene Hotel in the last two years and I feel it is worthy of an updated review. We didn't think it could get better, however this time it felt even cosier. The beds are so spacious, comfortable and soft - just what you need after a full day of trekking. The room temperature was ideal and the décor very neutral and tasteful. The rooms are really clean and the showers of a high standard.

Now the main part... The breakfasts; I feel they also have improved since our last visit, not that I felt there was any room for improvement. I had the traditional breakfast one day and opted for a special fishcake breakfast the following day. Russell who does the breakfasts seems to have little specials on now and again so don't expect fishcake every time, however there always seems to be a fish theme. The following day we had smoked haddock breakfast and again the fishcake. They were so full of flavour and seemed so fresh. Many thanks for making our stay so enjoyable Marie and Russell. We look forward to returning very soon.

Room Tip: The Osprey room, a dormer room has a lovely view of Causey Pike and the surrounding landscape.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I went to Keswick for a school reunion and booked the Edwardene by telephone which was easy and very friendly. My hosts were excellent, friendly and helpful and the hotel has a very pleasant ambience and is full of wonderful local pictures. The bed was sooooo comfortable and the shower was fantastic - not one of those electric things that dribbles small volumes of water. The breakfasts were superb - lots of choice and top quality local produce, but mainly it was served fresh and really hot which I much prefer. Only slight disadvantage was that in common with most hotels in this part of Keswick, the views are limited to those over rooftops, so top floor helps. Excellent lounge with lots of good local books and guides. I hope to return soon.

Room Tip: I had a single (The 'Teal') - small but everything I needed, great bed and shower
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo