the keswick hotel is good in all respects except one for me and many other older people. this is the lack of support facilities in the bathroom.a couple of grab handles in the bath area to help getting in and out of the shower,would make it accessible.i was unable to use it.
enquires were made at the reception desk and was told that there wre no bathrooms with any facilities for less able bodied guests nor ,any walk in showers.we stayed for two nights.we could not consider staying longer because of this lack of an easily remedied matter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits at this beautiful Lake District country house hotel. This elegant Victorian building stands proudly in four acres of tended gardens and walkways and enjoys views of the surrounding Lake District fells. Close by is the bustling market town of Keswick, with its eclectic mix of shops, pubs and restaurants. For the adventurous, Lake Derwentwater offers a variety of water sports with numerous walks and mountain bike trails beginning at its shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Keswick Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keswick Country Hotel
- Keswick Country House Hotel
- The Keswick Country House Hotel Lake District