Having stayed many times at its sister hotel in Patterdale, we decided to try the Keswick hotel for a two night, half board break. It is a large, grand building, in a previous life the station hotel dating from the 1860s. It is a difficult place to keep looking in tip top condition but, though there are a few rough edges here and there, it is genuinely well-maintained. Its public rooms are particularly impressive, with a delightful lounge and separate bar and a magnificent high ceilinged dining room. Our bedroom, over looking the town and surrounding fells, was modern and comfortable though the compact bathroom is in definite need of refurbishment. The food is outstanding - dinner offered a large and interesting choice for all three courses and everything was well-prepared, tasty and beautifully presented. Breakfast, despite being busy, was well-organised and provided a good selection of hot and cold food. Staff in the restaurant and in the hotel generally are friendly and efficient and the hotel seems to run like clockwork. The large grounds are very pleasant and well tended and the situation of the hotel, on the edge of the built up area but within ten minutes' easy walking distance of the town centre makes it a very good choice for a break in the northern Lake District.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits at this beautiful Lake District country house hotel. This elegant Victorian building stands proudly in four acres of tended gardens and walkways and enjoys views of the surrounding Lake District fells. Close by is the bustling market town of Keswick, with its eclectic mix of shops, pubs and restaurants. For the adventurous, Lake Derwentwater offers a variety of water sports with numerous walks and mountain bike trails beginning at its shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Keswick Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keswick Country Hotel
- Keswick Country House Hotel
- The Keswick Country House Hotel Lake District