This hotel is hugely over-priced at approximately $290 a night double occupancy. The rooms are shop-worn. Even the public areas are badly in need of being upgraded. Service is mediocre at best. Amazingly, there is no internet service in the guest rooms. The only service is in a very small area in the lobby. One of the few redeeming features is that the fixed-price dinner in the restaurant was quite good; however, breakfast was only average. Nice grounds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits at this beautiful Lake District country house hotel. This elegant Victorian building stands proudly in four acres of tended gardens and walkways and enjoys views of the surrounding Lake District fells. Close by is the bustling market town of Keswick, with its eclectic mix of shops, pubs and restaurants. For the adventurous, Lake Derwentwater offers a variety of water sports with numerous walks and mountain bike trails beginning at its shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Keswick Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keswick Country Hotel
- Keswick Country House Hotel
- The Keswick Country House Hotel Lake District