Having stayed a few times at the hotel,we jumped at the Deal Monster offer which was advertised in our local paper. I failed to request a twin room when booking and was disappointed to be told none was available when I contacted Reservations a couple of days later. We were telephoned and informed that the lift was out of order a few days before our weekend break. On arrival we were allocated a room on the third floor, which was a bit of a trek with our bags but, to be fair, we were offered help, which we declined. Our room was very tired, very small, and almost in the attic with a small window overlooking the car park. Very disappointing. The Deal Monster package said we would be offered an upgraded room but this was not available. However, the food and the staff almost made up for this. The evening meal is superb, not a huge choice but perfectly cooked and beautifully presented. Breakfast is a buffet and has everything you could possibly want. We spent some time in the lounge next to the bar, which is very comfortable. The drinks are, predictably, very expensive but on checking out, my bar bill was twice as much as I expected. When I asked the Receptionist to check this, I had been charged for drinks I had not signed for and they were removed from my bill. I have to say I could find no fault with any of the hotel staff who are friendly and totally professional - they are a credit to the hotel. When we return to the hotel, and we most certainly will return, I will book a twin room direct and hopefully end up with the perfect break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits at this beautiful Lake District country house hotel. This elegant Victorian building stands proudly in four acres of tended gardens and walkways and enjoys views of the surrounding Lake District fells. Close by is the bustling market town of Keswick, with its eclectic mix of shops, pubs and restaurants. For the adventurous, Lake Derwentwater offers a variety of water sports with numerous walks and mountain bike trails beginning at its shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, Cancelon, Agoda, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Keswick Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keswick Country Hotel
- Keswick Country House Hotel
- The Keswick Country House Hotel Lake District