We have just got back from a 2 night stay at The Keswick Country House Hotel. We arrived on a very wet Sunday afternoon and must admit I was a little disappointed to not be allowed in our room until 3.00 pm. I understand this is the 'official' check in time, but I have never stayed in a hotel either in this country or overseas and not been allowed in the room, if it was ready. This is a very strict policy as there were other guests also waiting. Surly not every room is ready at 3.00 pm.
The hotel in general is very tired looking, although there was some decorating going on during our stay. All the furnishings in lounge etc. could really do with an overhaul.
Final point, when we checked out, the receptionist didn't even ask if we had enjoyed our stay. No goodbye, see you again soon or anything. The Keswick will certainly not be seeing me again soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits at this beautiful Lake District country house hotel. This elegant Victorian building stands proudly in four acres of tended gardens and walkways and enjoys views of the surrounding Lake District fells. Close by is the bustling market town of Keswick, with its eclectic mix of shops, pubs and restaurants. For the adventurous, Lake Derwentwater offers a variety of water sports with numerous walks and mountain bike trails beginning at its shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Keswick Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keswick Country Hotel
- Keswick Country House Hotel
- The Keswick Country House Hotel Lake District