Stayed here for three nights in April. Absolutely superb .Yes, it's a bit dated and faded, in parts (though we had a beautiful room in old Station), but it's a huge building and upkeep must be a nightmare. Excellent location (on cycle/walk path that goes from coast to coast); easy walk into town. Food, as others have said, is excellent - looked forward to it each day. Staff very helpful, welcoming and attentive. Would recommend without reservation if you want a comfortable base from which to explore this fantastic part of the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits at this beautiful Lake District country house hotel. This elegant Victorian building stands proudly in four acres of tended gardens and walkways and enjoys views of the surrounding Lake District fells. Close by is the bustling market town of Keswick, with its eclectic mix of shops, pubs and restaurants. For the adventurous, Lake Derwentwater offers a variety of water sports with numerous walks and mountain bike trails beginning at its shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your The Keswick Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keswick Country Hotel
- Keswick Country House Hotel
- The Keswick Country House Hotel Lake District