“welcome.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Keswick Country House Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Keswick Country House Hotel
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Keswick
leeds
“welcome.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

This is my second stay at the Keswick and once again my friend and I were made welcome. The staff are friendly and helpful, the food delicious and the location ideal. When we arrived I thought there might be a problem when we discovered that our room had a double bed instead of twins. But the receptionist put our minds at rest and efficiently transfered us to a lovely bright room at the other side of the hotel.If I have any issues at all then it has to be the parking.we came back late from the theatre and had to park a fair distance down the drive.But all in all it was only a little annoyance and in general I can't fault it.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

I had been really stressed at work and needed to seriously get away from it all and unwind so booked a last minute break with my partner to the lakes. As soon as we arrived there was ample parking and the hotel is at the end of the road and really quiet, however shops etc. within easy walking distance. At reception, check in was really easy and we were directed to our room and was asked if we would like someone to carry our bags for us? We had booked a deluxe room on 3rd floor. I admit that when I arrived at the bedroom door, my heart sank as in front of me was an old flaking yellowish painted door and I was dreading the inside...how wrong can you be. The room was warm, welcoming and exactly like I had booked on the website. Ample room, decorated lovely and really clean. There was a bath in the room which I like and although the shower looked like it wasn't your top of the range power shower, it was actually really good and always ample hot water. There was a lovely view of the hotel gardens and Keswick in the distance. The room on an evening did get really hot and didn't seem to have a radiator on to turn down, but we were able to open the windows and had a nice breeze and so quiet outside was never disturbed by noise. There is plenty of seating area in a room near the bar that had easy listening music on that just helped me relax even more. The restaurant was nice and bright. There are quite a few tables but even though you are not say too far apart from other tables, I never felt crowded or that you had to talk quiet. Service was quick and they ensured they cleared your plates to give you room on the table, but you never felt rushed.The choice of food was really good and everything is cooked to a really high standard as is the presentation. The breakfast is lovely with a really good choice of fresh fruit salad and cold buffet and also a hot breakfast that was cooked well and never greasy as some can be. All staff were really polite and nothing seemed too much trouble for anyone. I had originally booked for 2 evenings but on the 2nd night really didn't want to go home as had managed to relax and enjoy myself so much that I booked another night. I am not usually a fan of the lakes as I usually like London and busier places but after experiencing such a nice break, intend to book again for September and will definitely be staying here if the hotel can accommodate the dates I want. The only things that I can fault with the hotel were that initially the peeling flaking door didn't look good, maybe the hotel can look at this but it really is so minor wouldn't stop you staying here or anything to complain about. If you book a better room you get bottled water and small box chocolates on arrival regardless if you just stay for one night. The fact that they offer this, would maybe be nice if they replaced the water each day but again only a small thing. We went walking a couple of days and they offer a reasonable pack lunch and if you do book it, I suggest you ask for the tiffin cake, best I have ever tried. The time I stayed here, only once did I hear a complaint and that person moaned that the beef wasn't rare enough but never asked for rare meat when ordering, and only when they came to clear his empty plate! From the experience I found here, if you do read any negative comments about the hotel, I think these will be from people that just need to complain about anything as long as they do. Ignore and try for yourself. I'm certain you will be glad that you did.

1 Thank Jav66
Mellor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

This was our first visit to the Keswick Country House, although we have visited the Patterdale (same hotel group) in the past. Lovely room with a view over Lattrigg, excellent service throughout the hotel, food very good,- last evening meal was excellent (scallops then sirloin steak) and the out-of-season price for the dbb was excellent. So too, the discount on wines with meal,- on offer when it's not a Friday or Saturday. The hotel was full of active retireds, walking groups and a few visitors from abroad but also caters for local christening and wedding functions. Perfectly located both for the town and also for walks/trips out.

Room Tip: Check out the additional mini-staircases on the corridors near to the lifts. This is the former stat...
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

just stayed at the keswick country hotel, with a group of friends, hotel is spotless clean, staff are very friendly, and so helpful, the food is outstanding, its like al carte, first class, you wont be dissappointed at all with this hotel. rooms are lovely and spacious, not surprising this hotel is fully booked, free car parking which is always a bonus.

1 Thank SEA1963
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

As regular visitors to the Lakes often three to four times a year this is by far the worst hotel we have stayed in. The entrance and reception areas are nothing short of decrepit and our "quiet" room immediately above the laundry delivery and recycling area was frankly a disgrace.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Mike B
Jarrow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

I have just spent two nights at the Keswick country House Hotel with my wife.
This is our second time at the hotel and we were ceryainly not disappointed.
The room was lovely, the service and meals first class.
We will certainly return.
We were DBB also had a packed lunch. Very nice
Harry S

Room Tip: The rooms do differ with three floors, would suggest 1st or second floors overlooking gardens.
1 Thank Harry S
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

Another enjoyable visit to this hotel. Excellent breakfasts. Staff all very friendly and polite. Very well located for walking into the town and going on walks to the surrounding area. The dining room is very well decorated.

1 Thank UsYinsfromBucks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keswick
Lyzzick Hall Hotel
The Skiddaw Hotel
The Skiddaw Hotel
#7 of 12 in Keswick
The Daffodil Hotel & Spa

Been to The Keswick Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!