A member of a largish group on a walking week end. Room was spacious, clean, comfortable and quiet. View was not great but then how long do you actually stay in the room? There was a good sized comfortable lounge with bar as well other nooks and crannys - my favourite was the snooker room looking out on to the platform with the walkers and cyclists looking back. Staff were friendly and efficient. The dinner and breakfasts were excellent - good choice, well cooked and served efficiently for such a large group. Dont waste time and money in Keswick - I have found the food and service very hit and miss there in the past. The special offers that the Hotel occasional advertise are very good value for money. No hesitation in either returning or recommending.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits at this beautiful Lake District country house hotel. This elegant Victorian building stands proudly in four acres of tended gardens and walkways and enjoys views of the surrounding Lake District fells. Close by is the bustling market town of Keswick, with its eclectic mix of shops, pubs and restaurants. For the adventurous, Lake Derwentwater offers a variety of water sports with numerous walks and mountain bike trails beginning at its shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Keswick Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keswick Country Hotel
- Keswick Country House Hotel
- The Keswick Country House Hotel Lake District