This is a well positioned hotel close to all local attractions, we had a speedy check in and our room was a small double but very clean.
At breakfast there was plenty of choice of cereals, fruit, or pastries followed by a hot buffet. I tried to order smoked haddock and poached eggs at a supplement but after consulting the kitchen the waiter returned saying it wasn't available?
We didn't choose the restaurant dining in the evening and opted for one of the local pubs serving lovely food.
All in all a nice hotel and the only bad points I could find was the bath in the room was only 3/4 size, the toilet took several flushes to work properly and the instructions on how to use the shower were wrong, but to end on s positive the cleaning standards were very high.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits at this beautiful Lake District country house hotel. This elegant Victorian building stands proudly in four acres of tended gardens and walkways and enjoys views of the surrounding Lake District fells. Close by is the bustling market town of Keswick, with its eclectic mix of shops, pubs and restaurants. For the adventurous, Lake Derwentwater offers a variety of water sports with numerous walks and mountain bike trails beginning at its shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your The Keswick Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keswick Country Hotel
- Keswick Country House Hotel
- The Keswick Country House Hotel Lake District