My wife and I loved it so much we just can't wait to return. The staff, a mixture of East Europeans and British were polite and very helpful. The breakfast buffet was superb with a great choice of cold and hot dishes. The evening meals were of a very high standard too, with the waiters translating some of the less obvious dishes for us! Great to watch the rabbits on the lawn. I have been here a few times now and it is superb for Fell Walking, walking into Keswick and walking down to Derwent Water with great views of Skiddaw and surrounding fells.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits at this beautiful Lake District country house hotel. This elegant Victorian building stands proudly in four acres of tended gardens and walkways and enjoys views of the surrounding Lake District fells. Close by is the bustling market town of Keswick, with its eclectic mix of shops, pubs and restaurants. For the adventurous, Lake Derwentwater offers a variety of water sports with numerous walks and mountain bike trails beginning at its shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, LateRooms, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Keswick Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keswick Country Hotel
- Keswick Country House Hotel
- The Keswick Country House Hotel Lake District