Travelled here over the bank holiday weekend with a group of friends, lovely building, easy to find with spacious rooms. Very friendly, welcoming and accommodating staff from check-in to breakfast to the bar. Excellent showers - which is just what you need after a days walking in the area.
Unfortunately, the beds (all 7 of them) were terrible. The entire group were lacking sleep ny the end of our stay. The packed lunches we pre-ordered although convenient and reasonably priced were below average.
The mini golf outside the hotel was a pleasant surprise.
Overall - the hotel has the potential to be lovely but until they start ordering beds from a sensible place instead of a car boot sale, all visitors will suffer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits at this beautiful Lake District country house hotel. This elegant Victorian building stands proudly in four acres of tended gardens and walkways and enjoys views of the surrounding Lake District fells. Close by is the bustling market town of Keswick, with its eclectic mix of shops, pubs and restaurants. For the adventurous, Lake Derwentwater offers a variety of water sports with numerous walks and mountain bike trails beginning at its shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Keswick Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keswick Country Hotel
- Keswick Country House Hotel
- The Keswick Country House Hotel Lake District