We stayed in the Hotel for 3 nights from 3rd-6th April 2010. The hotel was built in 1869 to coincide with the arrival of the railway. The railway line has since been abandoned and the Hotel has purchased the original station and converted this into "luxury" suites. We stayed in the hotel in a standard room on the second floor. The room itself was very spacious as was the bathroom. However, the standard of decoration was very poor with wallpaper peeling off and the sink surround falling to bits and some mould on the tiles. There was no separate shower although there was ample space to install one. Generally the Hotel needs some tender loving care and updating to modern standards. The dining room, lounge (this is very big) and bar are of reasonable standard in terms of cleanliness and decoration. Bar prices are good (£3.30 for a pint of lager). The food is amongst the best we have ever had at a hotel. The breakfast, which is a buffet, is excellent. The staff are very friendly and the service is excellent. We understand that the Hotel is being refurbished and this work is already underway on the 3rd floor.
Having said all of this we are planning to return to the Hotel later this year. We loved it !!.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits at this beautiful Lake District country house hotel. This elegant Victorian building stands proudly in four acres of tended gardens and walkways and enjoys views of the surrounding Lake District fells. Close by is the bustling market town of Keswick, with its eclectic mix of shops, pubs and restaurants. For the adventurous, Lake Derwentwater offers a variety of water sports with numerous walks and mountain bike trails beginning at its shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Keswick Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keswick Country Hotel
- Keswick Country House Hotel
- The Keswick Country House Hotel Lake District