Have you noticed that really good hotels retain their staff without constant turnover? The Keswick keeps it's staff year on year; a friendly, professional team who simply add to the quality of your stay. I visit about 4 times a year, often an overnight or 2 night stay meeting up with friends who have been returning for some years. The highlight is always the restaurant food - an absolutely superb choice of dishes served to 'silver service' standard (view the sample menus on the website).
Rooms are well maintained, light, airy and very comfortable with a wide range from standard to executive suites to suite all pockets.
The real bonus can be the price - in winter months I have paid as little as £32 per night DBB!!! (I've paid more for B&B in very ordinary accomodation).
When you add in the superb location - Keswick - this hotel should be added to your list soon. You wont be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits at this beautiful Lake District country house hotel. This elegant Victorian building stands proudly in four acres of tended gardens and walkways and enjoys views of the surrounding Lake District fells. Close by is the bustling market town of Keswick, with its eclectic mix of shops, pubs and restaurants. For the adventurous, Lake Derwentwater offers a variety of water sports with numerous walks and mountain bike trails beginning at its shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your The Keswick Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keswick Country Hotel
- Keswick Country House Hotel
- The Keswick Country House Hotel Lake District