“Hospitable and helpful”
Review of Hedgehog Hill

Hedgehog Hill
Ranked #54 of 189 Keswick B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I stayed here for five nights in the spring, a friend and I both had single rooms. Small but well equipped, and very clean. Nice bathroom, good shower. Very good breakfast and centrally located, yet quiet. I was grateful that I could make a cup of tea in my room in the evening and early morning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 August 2014

What more could you ask for.
An ideal place to stay and a 5 minute walk into town.
.Lovely friendly people and a fantastic breakfast to set you up for the day.
Would highly recommend!!! Thank you Kieth and Shona.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We always look forward to our return trips to Keswick.Keith and Shona always very welcoming and the accomodation and decor and cleanliness is to a high standard and the breakfast is superb.Shona always very informative to where to eat locally and whats on in the area.We particularly enjoy the hospitality tray in our room.We look forward to our return next year os sooner.

Room Tip: Front room with super views of Latrigg and Skiddaw Peaks
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our stay with Keith and Shona at the Hedgehog Hill was great. We were greeted warmly upon our arrival and made to feel at home. The room was very nice with a splendid view of Latrigg and Skiddaw Peaks to the north. Even overlooking the street, the room was quiet. We had no trouble sleeping. The Hedgehog is well situated for hiking or for shopping in Keswick's wonderful town center. The breakfast was delicious and filling and was a great way to start our day. We did have a little trouble with the internet and had to sit on the stairs to get a good connection. It is too bad that technology is so important to all of us, but I guess it is. Overall, I would highly recommend the Hedgehog Hill Guesthouse. It is comfortable, pleasant, and clean with great food. Keith and Shona are attentive hosts and happy to share information of the area. You can't go wrong staying here.

Room Tip: A north facing room gives great views of the mountains.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Room a bit small but equipped with everything you would need e.g. kettle, hair dryer etc. and clean. Breakfast generous, good quality & well cooked. Friendly welcome and will go back if in the area and room available

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JayneAtt
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Hedgehog Hill was a lovely place to stay in Keswick. We had a lovely room at the front of the house with great views. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean as well as the rest of the house. Hosts Shona and Keith were very friendly and gave us lots of tips for eating etc. Breakfast lovely with fresh fruit every morning as well as the full English. Great place to stay and we will definitely be going back next year.

Room Tip: Double room in the front of the house was brilliant.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Being a walker and a bit of a mountaineer, Keswick is a frequent place I visit in my travels. This was the first time I found myself thinking it was time to head home after a long walk. I found Hedgehog Hill warm and welcoming, clean and well presented with a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere, a very pleasurable stay. I booked a single room, which was very comfortable and clean, with a comfortable bed and everything you need, being a bit of a gardener it was nice to have flowers in the window box, a chair to sit and view Skiddaw and Latrigg. Great breakfasts, with a great choice for varying appetites. One of Keith and Shonas Breakfasts will keep you going all day. They also made me a lovely packed lunch when I wanted to head straight out. Excellent for overall value as well. I've paid a lot more and got far less. I am looking forward to re - visiting and if your looking for a good b&b in Keswick then Hedgehog hill is a must.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo