“Throwing Ourselves Off Waterfalls”

Keswick Adventure Centre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Via Ferrata, Canyoning, Ghyll Scrambling, Stand Up Paddleboarding and Rock Climbing - just a few of the fabulous activities on offer from Keswick's Premier Activity Provider.Catering for School Groups upto 150 through to individuals, families and businesses.Memories that Last Forever.
Reviewed 14 March 2012

A friend booked us in for ghyll scrambling and I like many in our group of 6 were somewhat concerned. How wrong could we have been, the most fun I have had in a wetsuit! The guide Al helped us through every step to ensure that we pushed ourselves but never felt like he was out of control. The best adenture business in the Lakes! Thanks Al for a top morning....

Reviewed 13 March 2012

Step out of your comfort zone and do this. I don't mind admitting I was not looking forward to this. It was very cold and sounded a bit scary. However all kitted out 6 of us headed up the gyhll. Al ( our guide ) , made us feel at ease and took us through the first slides and jumps. His experience and personality, motivated us all to give it a go. The challenges got tougher as we went on, but all of us got through. I really felt I had achieved something at the end of it and still have a smile on my face now. Thanks Al

Reviewed 5 March 2012

A group of twelve of us took part last Saturday afternoon and were welcomed by rather chilly waters from the melting overnight snowfall. Nothing prepares you for the sensation of your body adjusting to the temperature of the water but this is soon compensated by the sheer adrenalin rush which kicks off with a bang from the moment you set foot in the ghyll. As time goes by the experience keeps notching up a level, culminating in monumental highs of the "washing machine" and a dive right at the end. All the way throughout the instructors instil a huge level of confidence and respect without distracting from the main purpose of having a once in a lifetime experience.

Would I do it again?? Damn right and already planning the next trip (an opinion shared across our entire group).

Thanks Lads

Reviewed 21 November 2011

We took some of our youth from our church ghyll scrambling. Really impressed with the helpful booking service. Activity led with great professionalism and humour! We all enjoyed the experience and felt safe & well supervised throughout......and we all survived!! Toilet facilities & changing facilities basic but perfectly adequate.

Reviewed 8 November 2011

We've used the Adventure Company on several occasions now and they cannot be bettered. Superb range of activities, flexible timings and the staff are awesome!