“Ghyll scrambling - "EPIC!" as my youngest described it”

Keswick Adventure Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Via Ferrata, Canyoning, Ghyll Scrambling, Stand Up Paddleboarding and Rock Climbing - just a few of the fabulous activities on offer from Keswick's Premier Activity Provider.Catering for School Groups upto 150 through to individuals, families and businesses.Memories that Last Forever.
Cheshire, UK
“Ghyll scrambling - "EPIC!" as my youngest described it”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I took my three children aged 7, 10 and 13 Ghyll Scrambling. We had an amazing time jumping, diving, belly flopping and sliding and it was definitely the highlight of our time in the Lake District. The experience was fantastic and was very different from the normal walking/boat trips that we would normally have done. I was very nervous at the beginning (the kids were fine!) but after my first couple of jumps and slides I got a real buzz and loved every minute. The thing that really made it so enjoyable and gave me confidence were the instructors (Sean and Simon), they were very professional, extremely knowledgeable and excellent at ensuring the whole group made their way down safely with great fun and humour. The instructions were clear and the instructors were close at hand to help anyone who needed it. The kids couldn't stop talking about their experience and want to do more as soon as they can. The previous week we had been on the WaterRollerz near the pencil museum - great fun but exhausting - for me at least! It has definitely ignited an adventurous bug in us all and we wil try more activities next time we visit. Thank you to everyone at Keswick Adventure Centre
for a fab time - James, Daisy, Lewis and Mason.

Visited August 2012

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing..would recommend to anyone”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I went Ghyll scrambling with my girlfriend last week as I thought it would be good to do something different. I hadn't been scrambling for years and years and I'd forgotten how fun it was! So pleased I picked Keswick adventure centre, they were brilliant and made it more fun. Great instructors and full of humour! They were brilliant with all the kids too so I recommend for all ages!

2 Thank DylanCash
Manchester, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“White Water Tubing”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Wanted to say a big thanks to the team (twins and Sam) who led and looked after us yesterday on the river - white water tubing. Absolutely brilliant fun, incredibly well organised and managed on the day. Thank you and we will definitely be booking more with you again. Fi and Sam

Visited July 2012
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Stag Do Ever!”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

For my Stag Do in June 2012 we chose to do the Via Ferrata and Gyhll scrambling with Keswick Adventure centre, and both were absolutely fantastic!

I've been on several outdoor adventure Stag Do's in the last couple of years but I can honestly say that I thought these two activities topped the lot (and i'm not being bias because it was my Stag Do).

The two activities are a perfect pair for a day of outdoor fun! If you want a thrill then the Via Ferrata will not disappoint! The guides at KAC make you feel so safe and are extremely friendly and professional, making the whole experience a perfect adventure on the mountains. The VF really makes you feel like a professional mountaineer without the need for previous experience. A totally fantastic, and scary :) activity, one which I would do again in a flash!

The afternoon Gyhll scrambling is equally fun! not as scary as the VF (but it would be hard to match the VF for scary factor ha ha) but it's a great laugh and really good activity to cap off the day. Also if like me you have a few mates who can't face the heights of the VF then they can still join in for this activity.

Really couldn't have asked for a better days adventure. If you fancy doing something a little different for your stag do or whatever it maybe, then trust me this is a brilliant day out!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Luke T
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Ghyll Scrambling”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We had an amazing time ghyll scrambling with Keswick adventure centre. They were well organised and experienced. It was a wonderful day and great fun!

Visited June 2012