“Hen-do Ghyll Scramble & Canoe”

Keswick Adventure Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Via Ferrata, Canyoning, Ghyll Scrambling, Stand Up Paddleboarding and Rock Climbing - just a few of the fabulous activities on offer from Keswick's Premier Activity Provider.Catering for School Groups upto 150 through to individuals, families and businesses.Memories that Last Forever.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Hen-do Ghyll Scramble & Canoe”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I have to admit when I first heard the maid of honour had lined up for the hen and our flock, the snow had me desperate to say in front of the fire in my onesie, BUT I have to say our weekend was amazing!

Sliding, jumping, diving, through the ghyll was an absolute rush... I soon forgot the waters were barely above zero. We were all well kitted out and looked after, and no-one was under pressure to do anything they felt uncomfortable with. I would definitely head back just to do another scramble, and tackle a few more jumps!

Canoeing the next day was an absolute treat- the scenes were beautiful, the team were fantastic and definitely up for a laugh... even if a few of us were a little worse for wear.

Phil & Al were fantastic, very welcoming and accommodating to the needs of our hen. I would definitely recommend these guys if you want a break away with a difference. We had a fantastic hen weekend to kick off what I'm sure will be a fabulous wedding for our bride :)

Visited March 2013

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Ghyll Scrambling”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

The drive to Penrith over Hardknott pass in the snow was certainly exhilarating, but it was nothing compared to diving off icy rocks into a freezing ghyll! Don't be put off by the cold weather - the multiple wetsuits provided keep out the cold and we were able to stay in the water for almost an hour without any problems. The instructors were welcoming, entertaining and informative - we even had a photographer! Great day out and very much looking forward to going back to try another activity soon!

Visited March 2013
York, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Canoeing on the lake”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We initially signed up for Gyhll scrambling, but with temperatures low we decided on a more leisurely canoeing trip on Derwent Water. The instructor was informative and friendly and the activity was relaxing and the views were outstanding. A great alternative to a walk around the lake!

Visited February 2013
Cheshire
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Ghyll Scrambling - got the adrenaline pumping!”
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I did the Ghyll Scrambling with my daughter, and we both very much enjoyed it.

The activity itself probably lasts about an hour, with the rest of the time spent getting kitted up, stripping off and travelling, but an hour is about the right length of time. It certainly gets the adrenaline pumping and although not technically challenging, you need to have a moderately adventurous spirit to do this activity.

Also bear in mind that even on a warm September's day and when wearing a wetsuit, it can be teeth-chatteringly cold at times.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank MaccLad2010
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING DAY FULL OF BANTER!!”
Reviewed 25 November 2012

My freinds and I hired a cottage to stay in for three days and came across a leaflet for this adventure centre, we decided to give it a go, upon arrival we were greeted by alistair and Jason who were extremely funny and welcoming, we were given clear instuctions but made it full of banter and not your usual boring health and safety.... after a hill climb we arrived looking at this freezing fast flowing streem and were all dreading getting in but because of the banter flying around it became a competition and we were all jumping over each other to get in and have a laugh.... it lasted well over an hour and there were several challenges set by Jason and Alistair for example Shallow diving between rocks and jumping off mini waterfalls this was not sometyhing i had in mind for my break away but after doing it i belive it was one of the highlights of my time in the Lake District and my entire group agrees not one person didnt enjoy it ! I personally would put this down to the welcoming and extremely funny Jason and Alistair thanks for making our trip a right laugh we will be comming again !!

Jeremy :)