“Great Lunch Venue”

Treeby & Bolton Cafe
Ranked #13 of 141 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: An art gallery with a difference, Treeby & Bolton houses a wide range of contemporary art, fine china and glass alongside unique gifts and interiors. Situated downstairs from the gallery, the cafe is stylish and contemporary and offers a tempting selection of cakes, light bites and world class coffee.A delicious range of cakes, bakes, and homemade scones served with jam and cream make the perfect tea-time treat. For lunch try Treeby's signature platters of local meats, fish or cheese, a tasty hot pie or a fluffy omelette. Enjoy your favourite coffee made with Square Mile’s Red Brick Espresso - now available to take out.
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Hidden in the rear of a nice Gallery. This delightful cafe has never disappointed when visiting.
Lovely homemade soups and a selection of special food boards serving either prawns/fish or cooked meat. The smoked duck was particularly good.
If you're not too full after breakfast you can always fit one of the ravishing home made cakes on display.
Look forward to returning soon.

TreebyBolton, Owner at Treeby & Bolton Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review - we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best wishes for the New Year.

Libbie

Reviewed 1 December 2013

My family and I walked a very long way today and the reward at the end of our walk was to visit here for lunch ,coffee and cake which we have often enjoyed. However today we visited and experienced dreadful coffee and dirty glasses. My husband ordered an Americano which was like dish water... On returning the coffee another one was delivered exactly the same. My daughter had an elderflower which was plonked down on the table in a dirty glass . I tried to talk to the lady who was making the coffees to explain that the coffee which is usually good here ,that it wasn't right. A lady from the kitchen told her to make me another but she refused as she said she had already made two .... I appreciate that on a busy day things can get a tad hectic but being in the coffee trade myself I wouldn't have brushed off a customers concerns. People work hard for a living and expect good service and products when paying for them . However on going upstairs to buy a couple of mugs for my mum the lady who served me was extremely helpful and went out of her way to help me ..... If I can give you any advice please check the grind of your coffee beans as it is probably too coarse hence dishwater coffee with no crema or taste

1  Thank Janey130
Sue H, Owner at Treeby & Bolton Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thanks for taking the time to feedback - we take pride in our coffee and our grind weight and consistency are checked and recorded daily along with the percolate time through the machine. Regretfully an obstruction had occurred in the grinder that day which caused an issue with the coffee consistency - I can only apologise that this was not picked up sooner and hope that you will come back and visit us next time you're in Keswick.

Best wishes - Libbie

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Called in for a bite of lunch, the food was nicely presented and served really fast but it just tasted average, things put on a plate, that’s why it was fast I guess. The tables were so close together that you had to squeeze between the tables sideways whilst apologising to other, already seated customers as you went. No place to put your coat so an agreement was need with the next person about space sharing. Wouldn't fancy it on a wet day which narrows it down in Keswick. The toilets were unisex and once inside the first door I was in a small waiting area with a total stranger awaiting my turn with an uncomfortable silence avoiding eye to eye contact. Maybe if this place was designed for the comfort of the customer and not to pack in as many people as possible it would be better. Larger and more appropriate toilet facilities at the expense of sacrificing a couple of tables and a cloak room would have been good but there is little doubt that profit is the overbidding business objective here.

1  Thank kandaharG28
Reviewed 23 November 2013

On approaching this venue if you are in the Main street you can miss the café as you can be misled by the gallery. On entering the café at side of gallery you realise what a delightful venue this is. They ask you to find a seat and then order from the counter and the food is then bought to your table. On approaching the counter you may feel you need to change your mind as you browse the attractive cakes etc on display Food is excellent and very good value.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is a favourite cafe in Keswick. The menu choice is good with some lovely fresh food. The cakes are wonderful and the staff all very friendly. We always search this place out on our visits and will do again.