“A warm welcome at the Sally”
Review of The Salutation Inn

The Salutation Inn
Ranked #113 of 141 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Enjoyed a delicious evening meal at The Sally, dropped in after a drive around the lakes.The staff were very helpful and showed us the specials. Several tables were reserved so larger parties would
be advised to book. Food was nicely presented & very tasty, good portion sizes, we had a starter & main meal but had no room for a dessert. We will be returning soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My friend & I were camping near Threlkeld. The campsite advertised "The Sally" for Sunday Lunches. One course for £8.95, 2 courses for £10.95. We've been to the Horse & Farrier for food which is in the same village but i have heard bad reports about the Sally so have never tried it. We decided that we would try it. There was Turkey or Beef. We both had the beef. It came with a huge home made yorkshire pudding, 2 roast potatoes, carrots, green cabbage, mashed potato and gravy. Everything was cooked to perfection. Then we both had sweet. My friend had the raspberry cheesecake with cream and I had the sticky toffee pudding with cream. Mmmmmm, absolutely gorgeous. Mine was tasty & so light & my friend said the same about hers. The only fault that I can make is that the gravy had to many peppercorns in for me. The barman, Colin, was so friendly & polite. I will definitely be returning here on my next visit to the lakes.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This place is great, Colin and his team are very friendly, the food was great, huge portions shame we only went on the last night as would have eaten there all week if we had found it before!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Food was excellent and the staff were very friendly.
The dining room is very nice and the prices are very competitive for the lake district.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Trying out camping for the first time, staying at a campsite over the A66. Wandered through the village stopping off in the other pub first. To be honest I felt out of place in the first pub, we weren't eating and had our little dog with us, we didn't stay but carried on down the road to this establishment. It was still busy but the atmosphere felt much more laid back. We sat near the pool table away from the diners and enjoyed a few drinks while listening to the music on the sky channels. We got chatting to the manager (very friendly) he told us how to find the old railway line walk into Keswick. He showed us their food menu (different from the website and similar to the other pub) he said that there was a group playing tomorrow night (friday) we booked a table there and then. We really enjoyed our meal and the duo playing were all right too. If you are after a down to earth place to eat then this is a great place to stop. The staff we encountered were very friendly. Will definitely come back again.