“Wow!”

The Kingfisher
Ranked #14 of 157 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

There are three chippies in Keswick. Kingfisher is the best. The queue outside says it all. Beautiful fish, steak puddings, smoked sausage and Cumberland sausage. The one in the square is the obvious choice - but the wrong one. Walk down the hill and go for Kingfisher!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had beautifully cooked haddock and chips for lunch in the up stairs restaurant, only one window table but nevertheless a light and airy room. No skin on the fish and golden crispy chips. Varied menu of Lasagna, steak pudding, quiche etc available, all served with chips! Special offer for pensioners and children’s menu also available. Nice clean toilets which I think reflects the standard of an any establishment

Reviewed 11 May 2018

I've had some fish&Chips in my time but on a recent visit to Keswick we decided to call into The Kingfisher and I must say they are the best fish &chips ever, really delicious, call in you won't be disappointed, Lovely staff too.

1  Thank Carolgilliard50
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Visited whilst staying in Keswick. I had the Haddock which was excellent but my wife, who is a smaller eater then I, chose to have the big cod at £6.10, which as it turned out, was huge but beautifully fresh and well cooked.
If your looking for a great chippy in Keswick, you will not be disappointed with the wide selection of options, which include Haggis!!

2  Thank OLSPBH
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

After reading favourable reviews, I got fish (lightly battered) chips and peas to take away from here whilst on holiday in Keswick and can honestly say they were the best I have had in many years. The chips were crisp, not soggy and the fish were perfectly cooked and meaty. Being freshly cooked, they were also still nice and hot by the time I got them back to our accommodation.

I will definitely return when we next visit Keswick. Highly recommended.