“lovely experience”
Review of The Heights Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keswick
The Heights Hotel
Ranked #135 of 175 Keswick B&B and Inns
Stafford, United Kingdom
“lovely experience”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Barry and Van were great ; they were a delight, attentive, friendly and very welcoming. They made our stay a wonderful experience. The hotel is in a great location with wonderful views and was very clean. We chose this hotel for it's 100% veggie menu and vegan options and were weren't disappointed, the food was superb. Overall a great stay and it will def be our hotel of choice in the region in future.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Although I have never stayed at the Heights I have regularly visited the Crag Bar. (I camp almost next door at Castlerigg Farm) I have always found Barry and Van to be friendly and welcoming. I go up on average 3 times a year and always get greeted like an old friend! A great place!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank lizzielu62
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Barry and Van always take great care of us - really lovely, friendly people. I'm a keen fell walker and don't like to be too far from the good walks, but I am also a vegan so I struggle to find good food in the Lake District! There's tons of vegan options here so I always get a good breakfast, either a big cooked breakfast or lovely vegan homemade pancakes. The rooms are lovely, always clean and I think fairly recently refurbished to a really good standard. The bathrooms are en suite in every room and the beds are super comfortable. There's a pub attached and they always light the fire there for when we get back from our walks, which is just perfect. There is a private section of the pub for guests only, great for a quiet drink after a long day.
We always feel very well looked after there, it's great value. Will stay again next year!

Room Tip: Walkers - upgrade to the best rooms as they have full baths. Well worth it after Scafell Pike!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Booked for three nights BH weekend. Arrived Friday tea time to be greeted by a locked door and no reply. Rang the hotel only to get the answer machine so I left a message - prompt response at door then! Then was told they were fully booked for the weekend but closed Friday night! I explained we had booked for 3 nights ........ apologies then an excuse that husband had wiped computer and lost all the reservations. I was starting to worry at this point!

We were then shown to our room - tiny, tacky and very old fashioned. Bed had springs visible and poking out. Bathroom just about big enough to swing a cat (pink). Metal framed single glazed windows half obscured by a wardrobe!?! And plastic flowers in a wall vase.......

Paid £72 a night for two adults B&B PLUS AN EXTORTIONATE £20 a night for dog. Breakfast very average - vegetarian hotel (although we aren't).

But the worst bit of all was I could hear our neighbours conversation completely clearly, and even hear them pull the bathroom light cord!! Walls like paper.

Over all a ghastly experience and very disappointing. The only upside was the fact we were next to the campsite where my sister was staying so had refuge there. I cannot recommend enough that this place is avoided!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FoxieTrixie
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We visited and ate at the pub whilst staying in the campsite next door. V small vegetarian only food and what we ordered was very poor. Curry was ok but goats cheese salad, veggie sausage and chips and mixed starters greasy poorly presented and lacking in flavour. Beer was good and they do allow dogs but not a recommended stop off after a days walking.

Room Tip: Just get a drink
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PugsleyHeckers
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Our favourite bar meal is Van's crispy duck style pancakes.

There is also a great choice of breakfast. The homemade pancakes with syrup are delicious if like me you don't want a huge breakfast every day.

All the rooms are ensuite and we have always found them to be fresh and homely. The best part being the views over Skiddaw and Derwent.

We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in a home from home whilst visiting in the Lakes

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I found this a lovely and charming hotel. The owners were extremely helpful and couldn't do enough for you. Our room was a decent size, clean and tastefully decorated. The food was delicious with a wide selection from both the bar menu and the breakfast choices. I enjoyed the pancakes. The views are spectacular and we enjoyed our walk into town and back up!!! I will definitely be returning and staying at this hotel plus I'd recommend it to other people thinking of visiting Keswick.

• Stayed July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keswick
Dale Head Hall
#3 of 7 in Braithwaite
Clarence House
Clarence House
#12 of 175 in Keswick

Been to The Heights Hotel? Share your experiences!