“Good budget option”
Review of Lindisfarne House

Ranked #172 of 189 Keswick B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 August 2012 via mobile

Ok, so it's a budget b&b, so don't expect the world! But, I had 3 comfortable nights sleep at the lindisfarne house. For location, it's great, close to the moot hall, the lake and the excellent local cinema. Alison was a great host, providing good advice and seizable, tasty breakfasts. I'd stay again!

• Stayed: July 2012
There are newer reviews for Lindisfarne House

Reviewed 5 July 2012

I can't believe that the same thing happened to Paul B (previous reviewer) that happened to us quite some time ago...only we actually turned up on the doorstep on a Bank Holiday Saturday, to be told that our room booking for 2 nights had gone - she'd let it go to someone else (who I think wanted a 3-night booking) !!! We'd been staying outside Keswick during that previous week and were checking out of our accommodion on the Saturday and had decided that we'd like to stay an extra couple of days in Keswick inself. So, during that week we went into Keswick, found availability at this (excuse for a) B&B and booked in for the following Sat & Sun nights - I actually watched her writing it in the book.
Then we appeared on the Saturday with our bags to be told by HER that the room had gone as we "hadn't shown up the night before(Fri), when she was expecting us " ??? even though we didn't need a room that night before and I actually saw her write it in for the Sat & Sun !! No apology, just blunt rudeness - what an obnoxious woman !!
Being Bank Holiday, practically all other establishments were booked up and walked away fuming and were just lucky to come across one nearby who'd just had a cancellation (Thank God we did). What lovely people they were and lovely rooms. We explained what had happened, and they informed us that wasn't the first time she'd done that to guests as they'd put up other people in the same boat. She's a disgrace and anyone reading these reviews should stay away. There's plenty of other very nice, welcoming establishments in that area, run by warm & caring hosts !!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HawkeyeLancs
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I booked into this B&B online well in advance and sent a confirmation via email, as requested.

A week before my stay, I received another email from the B&B indicating that my room was no longer available, but that I could have another. I replied straightaway, indicating that this was acceptable.

I telephoned the B&B with two days before I was due to stay to confirm everything was in order, only to be informed that they had sold the room to someone else and had no more available.

I am very dissappointed to be treated in this way. Not only was my original booking completely disregarded, but the B&B was so incommunicative that had I not telephoned them to confirm, I presumably would have arrived in Keswick with nowhere to stay.

This is service at its worst.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My room was spot on ,clean quiet and real comfy.The breakfast was also really good . I would not hesitate to stay here again. Virtually right in the town centre about 5 min walk.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keswick
Melbreak House
#68 of 189 in Keswick
Babbling Brook Guesthouse
Babbling Brook Guesthouse
#42 of 189 in Keswick

Been to Lindisfarne House? Share your experiences!