“Overpriced for standard of room”
Review of Lindisfarne House

Ranked #174 of 189 Keswick B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Positives: Great location, lovely view from room window, place to chain bike

Negatives: Tiniest room I've ever stayed in, ensuite shower room was like a cupboard - I had to take the soap dispenser off the wall to be able to use the sink! Although rooms said no smoking, there was whiff of stale smoke all over the building so I think the owners must smoke.

I wouldn't stay here again because for the same price could get somewhere better.

Room Tip: Apartments in Keswick are usually much better quality and value.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adelle Emerald H

Reviewed 16 April 2013

My sister-in-law and I spend 2 weeks in Keswick and stayed at the Lindisfarne House. This is a beautiful location from down town Keswick. The accomadations were great, the food was good and the hospitality was wonderfully. We came from Iowa, USA and were doing geneology on my father's side of the family. I plan to return in the summer of 2015 for another visit. It was easy to walk to the down town area. The people were very polite and friendly. Linda Gasper

Room Tip: The Room With a View is wonderful. You can see all the way up the side of Skiddow Mountain.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We seem to have been the first couple with the wrong price. Stayed the third weekend in March and also had the basic room with the broken lock. Everything else was fine, breakfast was decent, liked the fresh fruit. Had it been the full price, I would have been a bit disappointed, as the room as really simple and not ensuite. However, for the price we were quoted from toprooms, we had nothing to complain, we were happy for the good deal for three nights. However, when checking out, she said that it was toprooms' mistake and that she would be so "kind" and that we would not have to pay her full price but that she would only charge us what toproom quoted us. (I would not have given in to paying more, I know my rights!)
What was great, however, was that she stayed up late as we were delayed because of the snow.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

As per previous comments we had a very similar experience.My advice to anybody travelling to Keswick is that the area is beautifully and is serviced by scores of B and B accommodation,so I would recommend finding somewhere else.We booked our stay through Late rooms on the 24th.We then received an e-mail from the B and B on the 25th stating a price error had occured and that we would have to cancel or pay double.We contacted late rooms and they told us they had to honour the booking and price.We turned up but had I not checked my e-mail she might have give our room away as per previous e-mails.She mentioned the error on our arrival and blamed late rooms.Our room had a broken lock on the door which she said would be fixed the next day.It never got fixed nor did she offer to move us to one of the other 5 empty rooms she had.Like I said before plenty of other places in Keswick.She clearly doesn't care because otherwise she would read these comments and act accordingly.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Armstrong2411
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I didn't actually get the chance to stay in this b&b so i am not reviewing the facilities etc. I seen a good deal for it on laterooms so i booked it for 2 nights from Sunday 5th-Tues 7th May. (It was for our 33rd wedding anniversary). I received an email from the owner a few days later to say that laterooms had made a mistake in the pricing & the price quoted was per person per night NOT per night and i would have to get in touch with laterooms to either cancel or pay the higher price AND "sorry for any inconvenience". I spoke to someone at laterooms who said that the owner sets the price & that she should honour the price quoted. I decided to cancel anyway after reading reviews on here. I would be very careful if you are thinking of booking this b&b. If you really want to, pay a deposit & keep checking up on your booking. I have, eventually found alternative accomodation for these days and YES Alison, it was an inconvenience

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nettyjam
Reviewed 9 September 2012

There's a good supply of B&Bs in Keswick. Chris & Alison proved to be very welcoming on my arrival - helping me find somewhere to park my car. And there was no problem in arranging a breakfast before their usual time, to enable me to be off walking to Skiddaw and beyond, by 8.30.
Its a quiet street, but only a short walk to Moot Hall - and as I did, just leave the car parked up, and walk to Skiddaw.
Ralph Crouch

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Ralph C
Reviewed 4 August 2012 via mobile

Ok, so it's a budget b&b, so don't expect the world! But, I had 3 comfortable nights sleep at the lindisfarne house. For location, it's great, close to the moot hall, the lake and the excellent local cinema. Alison was a great host, providing good advice and seizable, tasty breakfasts. I'd stay again!

• Stayed: July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keswick
Melbreak House
#76 of 189 in Keswick
Dalkeith Guest House
Dalkeith Guest House
#64 of 189 in Keswick

Been to Lindisfarne House? Share your experiences!