“Because it's Keswick...”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 April 2014

...eateries and pubs think they can charge whatever they like and the Pot is no exception. £4 we paid for a single sausage in a small white roll and another £4 for a bacon roll. Phew! What's the mark up on that??

The two ladies running the place need to take a course in "How to be Welcoming" - dour folk like these two shouldn't be front of house.

3  Thank Wainwright007

Reviewed 11 April 2014

My wife and I stopped here for a quick lunch when out exploring Keswick. They are off a fairly secluded square given the location in town, and it is very pretty inside. They have a range of options for gluten free, you can have things such as paninis if you wish. I was able to have a cream tea with a gluten free scone. I was disappointed as they had more fancy cream teas which I couldn't order as they "don't have a good enough cake selection". Given that their special's board had six gluten free cakes that day, and the extra cost on the 'gluten full' option was only an extra £1.70, I was disappointed that they couldn't invent an equivalent from the cakes they had available. That said, for my cream tea and my wife's panini/milkshake, we only paid £12, which I thought was reasonable.

I would recommend this as somewhere to stop if you want choice for gluten free lunch in Keswick, but the service wasn't great and I can't recommend it for much more than that.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Randomly came across The Honey Pot and wasn't disappointed.
The two ladies serving were warm and friendly and dealt expertly with families kids handing out lollies and pointing out a stash of toys in the corner for them to play with.
The food was reasonably priced, and just good honest stuff.

Unfair to mark it for romance or atmosphere, it's just a decent cafe.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stopped for a break in Keswick and decided to go to the Honey Pot for lunch. The staff wasnt very friendly and the restaurant was uninviting. The food was just OK but nothing fantastic and it is a bit overpriced. I dont think I will ever go again.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Boxing Day 2013 found them open, cheerful and very good service was given. Thank you for a very nice lunch.we all enjoyed it. We have visited before and will again.