“Could do better”

The Honey Pot Restaurant
Ranked #86 of 128 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Could do better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We were in Keswick on Easter Saturday and looking for somewhere for a light lunch. We selected this restaurant as it was less crowded than others located along the main streets. The food was acceptable but we did find the service could have been better. We were looking at the menu at a table set for four but we were asked not to stay there but to move to a different table set for three. Perhaps an influx was expected. However while we were there only four other tables were occupied. The baked potato I had a the cake my wife ordered together with the tea and coffee were acceptable but we could not say it was a welcoming environment.

Visited April 2014

Newcastle
“Because it's Keswick...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

...eateries and pubs think they can charge whatever they like and the Pot is no exception. £4 we paid for a single sausage in a small white roll and another £4 for a bacon roll. Phew! What's the mark up on that??

The two ladies running the place need to take a course in "How to be Welcoming" - dour folk like these two shouldn't be front of house.

3 Thank Wainwright007
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Good quick lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

My wife and I stopped here for a quick lunch when out exploring Keswick. They are off a fairly secluded square given the location in town, and it is very pretty inside. They have a range of options for gluten free, you can have things such as paninis if you wish. I was able to have a cream tea with a gluten free scone. I was disappointed as they had more fancy cream teas which I couldn't order as they "don't have a good enough cake selection". Given that their special's board had six gluten free cakes that day, and the extra cost on the 'gluten full' option was only an extra £1.70, I was disappointed that they couldn't invent an equivalent from the cakes they had available. That said, for my cream tea and my wife's panini/milkshake, we only paid £12, which I thought was reasonable.

I would recommend this as somewhere to stop if you want choice for gluten free lunch in Keswick, but the service wasn't great and I can't recommend it for much more than that.

Camborne, United Kingdom
“Perfect for a spot of lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Randomly came across The Honey Pot and wasn't disappointed.
The two ladies serving were warm and friendly and dealt expertly with families kids handing out lollies and pointing out a stash of toys in the corner for them to play with.
The food was reasonably priced, and just good honest stuff.

Unfair to mark it for romance or atmosphere, it's just a decent cafe.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Poor Atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stopped for a break in Keswick and decided to go to the Honey Pot for lunch. The staff wasnt very friendly and the restaurant was uninviting. The food was just OK but nothing fantastic and it is a bit overpriced. I dont think I will ever go again.

• Visited March 2014