“Was called a whinger!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles

The Honey Pot Restaurant
Ranked #88 of 126 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cumbria
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Was called a whinger!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Me and my wife are regular customers of the honey pot and often pop in after a days walking in Keswick. On this particular day I ordered a scone instead of my usual cake of the day. The scone was very dry so I went to the counter to take it back. I was told that they were baked fresh that morning but offered a replacement. The second scone arrived just as dry but I was hungry so ate it anyway. As we were finishing up one of the women who runs the cafe was passing by and made excuses regarding the heat on the day; saying this could have been why the scone was dry. I said that was fair enough but she continued to tell me that they hadn't had anyone else "whinging" about them that day. I was quite shocked and told her we were regular customers to which she replied "I know". Needless to say, we will be regular customers no longer.

1 Thank J88Cumbria

Parbold, United Kingdom
“Worst fish I have ever been served!! - Steer clear”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

My wife and I ate at this "Restaurant" in July 2014.
I ordered "Battered Cod,Chips and Peas".
When the meal arrived I was disgusted with the fish which was grey and smelly under the "Batter?".
Inspecting the fish (?) it was clear that this was reconstituted MUSH served in some sort of coating which in my experience was NOT a batter I would expect to find on "Battered Cod"
My advice is steer well clear of this eating house.

2 Thank LancashireFellwalker
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Such a Shame!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Popped into The Honey Pot whilst on a day trip to Keswick - having enjoyed wonderful weather & a lovely trip around the lake, a late lunch was something to look forward to. Sadly this enjoyment was not to be extended to the meal here ! Jacket potato with bacon & mushrooms should be fairly easy to serve up - however, the potato had been cooked at least twice, the mushrooms were of the tinned (rubbery) variety, and I suspect the bacon had been microwaved ........ and the salad garnish had seen better days !!
To be kind, it may have been cooks day off ...... but I will be steering well clear of this particular establishment on any future visits to, otherwise, lovely Keswick.

Polmont, Falkirk
“Better places to visit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We passed by the Honeypot at the beginning of lunchtime when it was reasonably quiet. We wre a party of 5 so were pleased to get somewhere with a good sized table. The waitress was quick to take our order and the menu choice seemed reasonable. I opted for soup and a sandwich which on the menu stated soup/broth of the day could be added to a sandwich for £3.10. Whe the waitress took my order she explained that the broth I had chosen would be slightly more expensive as it was a 'broth'!! This goes against their menu but I opted for it anyway - mistake. What I received was a bowl of barley with the occasional pea and piece of potato floating in a tasteless watery substance. The broth became 'chicken' by having a few chunks of pre cooked chicken added at the last minute. Three of our party received food at least 10 minutes before the others. The sandwiches were all fine but nothing to write home about. Overall not the greatest dining experience and expensive for what was presented.

Larkhall, United Kingdom
“Quaint little restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Two of us had lunch here. We had steak and ale pie with chips and peas. The steak was very tasty, the pastry was maybe just a little pale and on the dry side. The service was excellent and the decor was interesting with dried grasses under the glass centres of the tables and a honeybee theme. There was an extensive menu with plenty of choice. The cost of the two meals came to just under 20 pounds, including drinks. We felt very comfortable and could have sat here all day, given the time.

• 5 of 5 bubbles