“Go for the gluten free treats, don't stay for the service!”

The Honey Pot Restaurant
Ranked #86 of 128 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
“Go for the gluten free treats, don't stay for the service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

A great selection of gluten free treats can be found here, including a full afternoon tea - a lovely treat for coeliacs visiting Keswick. However the waiting staff were grumpy and sullen as described in other comments!

1 Thank Susannah W

Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Unfriendly & unhelpful!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Having taken a seat at a table in the courtyard, and noted that the menu said a member of staff would take our order, we waited. And waited. And waited. At various points the waitress brought food out for other people, stared at us and left. Never bothered to come over at all. Eventually, thinking maybe it was busy inside , I went in to see what the problem was. The same sullen waitress, in an EMPTY cafe, just said "oh yeah, you've got to order in here if you're outside". Food was eventually brought by an equally sullen waitress. First & last time at the Honey Pot, I think.

1 Thank LauraUK63
Cumbria
“Was called a whinger!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Me and my wife are regular customers of the honey pot and often pop in after a days walking in Keswick. On this particular day I ordered a scone instead of my usual cake of the day. The scone was very dry so I went to the counter to take it back. I was told that they were baked fresh that morning but offered a replacement. The second scone arrived just as dry but I was hungry so ate it anyway. As we were finishing up one of the women who runs the cafe was passing by and made excuses regarding the heat on the day; saying this could have been why the scone was dry. I said that was fair enough but she continued to tell me that they hadn't had anyone else "whinging" about them that day. I was quite shocked and told her we were regular customers to which she replied "I know". Needless to say, we will be regular customers no longer.

2 Thank J88Cumbria
Parbold, United Kingdom
“Worst fish I have ever been served!! - Steer clear”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

My wife and I ate at this "Restaurant" in July 2014.
I ordered "Battered Cod,Chips and Peas".
When the meal arrived I was disgusted with the fish which was grey and smelly under the "Batter?".
Inspecting the fish (?) it was clear that this was reconstituted MUSH served in some sort of coating which in my experience was NOT a batter I would expect to find on "Battered Cod"
My advice is steer well clear of this eating house.

3 Thank LancashireFellwalker
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Such a Shame!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Popped into The Honey Pot whilst on a day trip to Keswick - having enjoyed wonderful weather & a lovely trip around the lake, a late lunch was something to look forward to. Sadly this enjoyment was not to be extended to the meal here ! Jacket potato with bacon & mushrooms should be fairly easy to serve up - however, the potato had been cooked at least twice, the mushrooms were of the tinned (rubbery) variety, and I suspect the bacon had been microwaved ........ and the salad garnish had seen better days !!
To be kind, it may have been cooks day off ...... but I will be steering well clear of this particular establishment on any future visits to, otherwise, lovely Keswick.

1 Thank Christine S