“Thank you”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keswick
The Cartwheel Guest House
Ranked #29 of 175 Keswick B&B and Inns
Munich, Germany
“Thank you”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I have never been to the Lake District before and therefore had to rely on other travelers' reviews. I decided to try The Cartwheel - and luckily got a room over the bank holiday weekend (I stayed for 2 nights).
Tina and Bernie are wonderful people, helpful and caring, who made me feel very welcome. My single room was small, but compact with single bed, desk and drawyers, a small TV and a sink (my room was not ensuite - 2 rooms have shared facilities, all others are ensuite). Everything was very clean and tidy, and the breakfast was heaven. Every morning you could start with cereals and fresh fruit followed by either a full English breakfast (vegetarian option available) or sandwiches / toasts (several different fillings to choose from).
Tina and Bernie are also very familiar with the town and area and could give valued recommendations for walks and restaurants etc. I really enjoyed my stay at the Cartwheel and if I make it up to the Lake District again (hopefully!) this would be my first choice to stay again!
Thank you Tina and Bernie!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
TheCartwheelKeswick, Owner at The Cartwheel Guest House, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Bernie and I would like to thank you for your very kind comments. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and your first visit to Keswick. Lets hope it was the first of many and next time you come to stay with us, we'll try for better weather. No promises mind..this is The Lake District afterall !!! Take care and hopefully we'll see you again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Kent
Reviewed 20 July 2012

This is the friendliest place I have ever stayed in. Tina and Bernie are the perfect hosts and give you a genuinely warm welcome. They make sure you are well looked after and are so kind, approachable and thoughtful and very knowledgable about the area and any walks you might want to do. The cartwheel is in a quiet residential part of Keswick but very close to the high street. My single room was very comfortable and had everything I needed. The bedding was gorgeous, soft white Egyptian cotton. I loved the towel designs, mine was an elephant. I shared a bathroom with one other person but you wouldn't have known it was shared, it felt like my own personal bathroom! Lovely bath, tons of hot water, great shower. The breakfast was yummy too, freshly cooked and plentiful, I can really recommend the mushrooms and cream cheese on toast for a lighter alternative to the delicious full cooked breakfast. The atmosphere at breakfast was friendly too, sometimes in B&Bs you get this awkward silence but not at the Cartwheel where the conversation is easy and relaxed and this is down to Tina and Bernie's personalities (but at the same time you don't feel forced to be sociable). As for the home made cakes in the afternoon, Oh my Lord, they were fantastic, the choc chip coconut cookies were divine. I was so sorry to leave and can't wait to go back. If you are going to Keswick and want very reasonably priced, lovely, comfortable accommodation, stay at the Cartwheel, I can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank puddleduckKent
Whitby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We stayed at The Cartwheel in March and had a wonderful stay. You couldn't ask for friendlier hosts and the complimentary cake? Mmmmm! Definitely the best place we've stayed in The Lakes. Our room was fairly compact and the bathroom tiny, but everywhere was immaculate and the bed was nice and comfy. Breakfast was delicious- the sausages on the full English make my mouth water even now. Lovely stay and we were so disappointed it was booked up when we wanted to come in April- had to stay in a far less joyful place!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Luce007
, Owner at The Cartwheel Guest House, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write this pleasant and honest review of your stay at The Cartwheel. We regularly remark to our guests that we are a "What you see, is what you get" Bed and Breakfast ... it's good to know that this is appreciated in what we have to offer during a stay with us in our home and this comes across very well in your .."tell it like it is" review.
Thanks again and hopefully we'll be able to accommodate you again in the not too distant future.
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Very comfortable and welcoming. Breakfast was exceptional with a wide range of choice not usually on offer. We returned at the end of each day to find free goodies to include delicious rock cakes and jam muffins. The owners went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
yoork, UK
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We (a group of us on our annual activity long-weekend) have just returned from a wonderful stay at this bed and breakfast in Keswick. The owners were friendly and informative, the food (including the vegetarian option) for breakfast was delicious, the rooms were clean and cleaned and tidied every day, the location central to town, and the price reasonable.
Also, because there were birthday cards in one of our rooms the owners rightly guessed that it was the birthday of the guest in that room. So, the next morning he got a lighted candle stuck in his sausage presented to him at breakfast. Now that's what I call customer service!

Room Tip: Discuss your needs with the owners.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Bedlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Arrived to a lovely warm greeting from Tina and Bernie, we were shown our room and were impressed! Lovely decor and very clean! Especially liked the towel arrangement - shaped into an elephant and dog! Once I lay on the bed I could have very easily stayed there all day - very comfy. Wish we could have stayed longer - lovely place to rest your head (and fill up with a delicious full english breakfast, and free cake if in the afternoon you're peckish!) would love to return soon!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Not only was the B&B centrally located,and the food fantastic, but the owners were delightful and really made our entire trip

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
TheCartwheelKeswick, Owner at The Cartwheel Guest House, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
We should like to thank you for your very kind comments. It's good to know that we played a part in making your trip to England an enjoyable one and may we say it was a joy to share our home with you guys. May be if you ever get the chance to return to The Lakes, you would look us up and come to stay with us again.