“The Homely Touch”

Ranked #50 of 139 Restaurants in Keswick
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Great food and a really good atmosphere, visited this restaurant while on holiday in the Lake District and was most impressed with the quality and choice of food on the menu.

There are newer reviews for Golden Lion

Reviewed 23 September 2013

The Golden Lion was very friendly and accommodating but the food and service was just average. We stopped for lunch and had soup and bread. We found a place to be nothing special. I would not avoid it as it was quite convenient but would go out of our way to come back.

Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

This was my first time in this pub and definitely not my last. Me and my partner had steak and a burger, they were both cooked to perfection and we didn't wait long at all for the food even though the pub was busy. The atmosphere was very relaxed and the staff made us feel very welcome and valued. Can't wait to try the homemade lamb tatty pot next time, it looked and smelt beautiful. Its also great to see Keswick joining the 21st century way of life, as me and my partner are gay and it was very accepted in this pub! We were also glad to hear they will be opening a B&B very soon in which we will be staying. Thank you and we'll be seeing you again soon Golden Lion.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Had lunch here after a morning walk. I had a steak and ale pie and I enjoyed it so much that I went back two days later and both my partner and I had the pie - lovely! Fairly quiet at lunchtime but I liked that.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Had excellent steak meal with large group of 10 they managed to feed us all at same time every body enjoyed food,we were all shocked at how cheap it was.definitely return next time im back.