“What a fabulous find!”
Review of Ye Olde Friars

Ye Olde Friars
Ranked #2 of 20 Shopping in Keswick
More attraction details
Owner description: Located right in the heart of the Market Square, Ye Olde Friars has long been one of Keswick's iconic shops. Spread across four shop fronts and with over 1000 lines including chocolates, sweets, gifts and preserves, Friars is a must visit.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a fabulous find!”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

For anyone with a sweet tooth, a few stops in required! The chili gummies were my husband's favourite...and a firey free sample was a nice surprise. The variety of chocolates, sweets, and gifts is impressive. I will definitely be purchasing more online when we return home. Fabulous place.

Visited October 2013

hornchurch
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Forget the diet!”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I holiday in the Lake District each year and find myself visiting Ye Olde Friars most years. A trip for a rainy day usually, aghast at the selections of chocolates, fudges, biscuits, toffees, jams etc etc. A bit on the pricey side but it doesn't stop me buying. The chocolates are of a very high standard. (so I am told!!)

Visited September 2013
1 Thank tony c
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Not a pleasant experience”
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

went in here yesterday, or tried. as every other bar, shop and restaurant we had been in welcomed us quite happily we wandered in with our two very well behaved dogs to buy some presents for the folks back home. stood with an armful of Christmas goodies ready to take to the tills we were shouted at across the shop and told we would have to get out! The lady was very rude and yelling get those dogs out of here. All highly embarrassing and suffice to say I didn't purchase anything. This business is perfectly entitled to ban dogs but as Keswick is Britain's most dog friendly town perhaps they should clearly display a sign to let people know this. They also very definitely need to train their staff in the art of discretion as the lady we encountered was as subtle as a brick. not impressed!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank dandlbu
Ye_Olde_Friars, Manager at Ye Olde Friars, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am very sorry you had this experience, this is clearly not the way in which to deal with this.
I will be sending you a PM to try and get some more details and to confirm the date (Sunday 8th I assume) so that we can identify the individual and address this as a matter of urgency before it happens again.
We will put another discreet sign up, we did have one of but this seems to no longer be there. We would love to welcome dogs but we have had some issues with less well behaved dogs in the past.
This however does not excuse in any way the attitude which you encountered.
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Yum!”
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Definitely worth a visit and perfect for presents to take home aslong as you can dodge all of the children/slow people/backpacks! Was almost stressfully busy but that's not their fault. I would recommend the chille fudge!

Visited August 2013
Durham, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Toot sweets!”
Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

Nice products but very expensive! Staff seem fine and the shop itself is petty well stocked. As its on the main street the prices are as usual over inflated.

2 Thank Jay-n-Sal