Jenkin Hill Cottage Guest House
Scafell Hotel(Rosthwaite)
US$146
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$180/night.

US$210
Ravenstone Manor Hotel(Bassenthwaite)
US$130
US$232
US$86
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

US$186
Lodore Falls Hotel(Borrowdale)
US$279
US$127
The Borrowdale Gates Hotel(Grange-in-Borrowdale)
US$284
US$201
US$188
Savings alert! 50% below average rates

The price you found is 50% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$378/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Myself and my husband stayed at Jenkin hill for 2 nights (will definitely be going back). Great location only a few miles to Keswick. Marvellous hosts Kelvyn and Christine. Christine's cooking is lovely and such piece of mind as I am a coeliac. ( sticky toffee pudding is a must I had 2 servings lol). Great company and good conversation with a couple also
staying.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 26 June 2011

What a find. Our first trip was four years ago,and it hasn't changed one bit,maybe one.Waking up to the morning call of the hens. No cockrell. what a super host and hostess. Food brilliant,sticky toffee pudding a must for my wife.I had cheese and biscuits with apple. Good wine.Also good company with a lovely young couple who we met at mealtimes. Nothing was to much for our hosts .A big thankyou.Hoping to return later this year for a weeks stay.Two days not long enough. If you are thinking of a quiet relaxing weekend/holiday look no further. My wife is a coelic,all meals were gluten free.Christine our hostess is well trained in this field and it was nice to know my wife was well catered for and so she was well and truly at ease.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2011

We stayed at Jenkin Hill Cottage over the May Bank Holiday - our room was nicely furnished and the bed very comfortable
Our hosts were lovely and very accommodating and as I am Coeliac I knew that all food begin served was being prepared
by Christine who totally understood my dietary requirements which made for a very pleasant stay indeed. We had 4 dinners' in' and
all were 'yummy' and Christine's 'Sticky Toffee' pudding
was to die for! Fresh eggs at breakfast from the chickens in the garden also added that extra special touch

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Last September my wife and I stayed in this B&B for 5 nights and had a marvellous time. The room was lovely and the bed so very comfortable that we slept like babies. We took the evening dinners there on two nights and found them to be of better quality and value than the meals at a local hotel restaurant.

We prefer to use public transport (bus) when we are away, rather than drive everywhere. I mentioned this to the proprietor at breakfast the first moring and within 20 seconds was handed a booklet of Lake District bus timetables with advice about the various routes. So thoughtful.

Needless to say, we are going back later this year - I have just booked it.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jimbrownstaffs
Reviewed 3 October 2007

My wife and I plus my wife's mother and stepfather stayed at Jenkinhill Cottage for seven days in September. As they only have two letting rooms we were the only guests and had a most wonderful time. The food was excellent, freshly cooked and always served hot and catering for my mother-in-laws' needs as a diabetic seemed to be no problem at all. The friendly chat at meal times was well appreciated, as was the advice on where to go and what is likely to be open and accessible to my mother-in-law, who has some difficulty walking.

The location was just right for us, a nice quite village, close enough to Keswick but without the noise and traffic - no shops here, though, so I learned to wait to read the daily paper which I bought from a small shop in Braithwaite, about a mile away.

I used to holiday with my uncle who lived in Threlkeld just 5 miles away, so know this area well, but it is 15 years since I was last here. The Lake District has not changed. If anything it has become more beautiful.

I'd recommend this place to anyone who enjoys relaxing in good company and a quite location.

As a bonus my wife got to see red squirrels for the first time.

Mark

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Mark57Buxton