“Delightful”

Jenkin Hill Cottage
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keswick
Jenkin Hill Cottage
Ranked #158 of 196 Keswick B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Last September my wife and I stayed in this B&B for 5 nights and had a marvellous time. The room was lovely and the bed so very comfortable that we slept like babies. We took the evening dinners there on two nights and found them to be of better quality and value than the meals at a local hotel restaurant.

We prefer to use public transport (bus) when we are away, rather than drive everywhere. I mentioned this to the proprietor at breakfast the first moring and within 20 seconds was handed a booklet of Lake District bus timetables with advice about the various routes. So thoughtful.

Needless to say, we are going back later this year - I have just booked it.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jimbrownstaffs

Reviewed 3 October 2007

My wife and I plus my wife's mother and stepfather stayed at Jenkinhill Cottage for seven days in September. As they only have two letting rooms we were the only guests and had a most wonderful time. The food was excellent, freshly cooked and always served hot and catering for my mother-in-laws' needs as a diabetic seemed to be no problem at all. The friendly chat at meal times was well appreciated, as was the advice on where to go and what is likely to be open and accessible to my mother-in-law, who has some difficulty walking.

The location was just right for us, a nice quite village, close enough to Keswick but without the noise and traffic - no shops here, though, so I learned to wait to read the daily paper which I bought from a small shop in Braithwaite, about a mile away.

I used to holiday with my uncle who lived in Threlkeld just 5 miles away, so know this area well, but it is 15 years since I was last here. The Lake District has not changed. If anything it has become more beautiful.

I'd recommend this place to anyone who enjoys relaxing in good company and a quite location.

As a bonus my wife got to see red squirrels for the first time.

Mark

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Mark57Buxton
York
Reviewed 15 July 2006

This was the first time we have stayed in a guesthouse, as we have always stayed in hotels, but having been severely disapointed with a recent stay in a hotel near Thirlmere we decided to try something different. And different it was!

On arrival we were made to feel perfectly at home and given a lovely room overlooking a wooded hillside, a really lovely setting. The room had all we could wish for and the food was lovely, obviously freshly cooked with vegetables just how we like them. By the time we had eaten the sticky toffee pudding we barely had room for the cheeses and buiscuits that followed. But we did our best. A short stroll around the village showed us just what a quiet and picturesque place this is.

The owners of Jenkin Hill Cottage, Kelvin & Christine, go out of their way to make sure everything is just fine, and create a very relaxed "fun" atmosphere, just right for a holiday break. We will be going back!

• Stayed: May 2006
Eastcote, Northamptonshire
Reviewed 24 September 2003

I am a coeliac and Jenkin Hill Cottage was first class. Kelvyn and Christine Sheppard completely understand the need for a gluten-free diet and I trusted them completely. Every food offered to non-coeliacs was offered to me (in a gluten-free form).

The house has a warm and welcoming atmosphere and my husband and I settled in immediately.

Kelvyn and Christine had thought of everything that we might need and the accommodation was of a very high standard. I would recommend this establishment without reservation.

Reviewed 11 November 2002

I have gluten intolerance (coeliac disease) so it was a great relief to me to find some accommodation in the Lake District that specialises in catering for such problems. Not only was I able to enjoy excellent quality @safe@ home cooked food, but the proprietors went out of their way to ensure everything was OK for me. On top of that the guest house is in the most beautiful location in a village not far from keswick.