We had a good 3 night stay at this B&B and would recomment it.
- we had a great big bed, much better then in other B&B's.
- very clean
- centrally located in a nice town, close to pub's but still problems with street noise at night
- free parking (which is a few 100 metres away of the B&B)
- Keswick is a good place to explore the Lake District: it is less busy than some of the other "hot spots" in the lake district but still busy enough to be "cosy", and it is close to some of the most beautiful parts of the lake district
- normally only breakfast as from 8.30, this is rather late (but if you ask, they are flexible in this) - we usually had breakfast (as we do not take full English breakfast daily) around 8.
- We arrived later than expected (if I remember correctly around 7-8 in the evening). I called the B&B to warn them but they reacted unfriendly on the phone (we were late due to flooded roads and the motorway being blocked by an accdidant) and this did give us a bit a stressy feeling on our first day in the UK. However, when we met them they were very friendly so I guess this was more due to the moment.
- Our room was rather small, mainly due (or better: thanks to ;-) ) to the big bed.
IN GENERAL: Very good B&B, a good place to stay when visiting the Lake district!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Ravensworth House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ravensworth House Keswick, Lake District