“Great for families. 5 stars!”

The Filling Station
Ranked #26 of 141 Restaurants in Keswick
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, Grill
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family friendly 60's themed cafe diner on the outskirts of Keswick, just 150yds from the A66 with off road private parking and plenty of outside seating. 'Highly Commended' by Cumbria Life Magazine in the 2013 Food & Drink Awards and finalists again in 2015. We offer local freshly ground coffee from John Watt & Sons and an extensive menu including all-day breakfasts, Brunch, a wide range of Lakeland Steakburgers, Eggs Benedict and sweet or savoury American Buttermilk pancake stacks and a wide range of vegetarian options.
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We decided to eat here after being recommended it at our hotel in Buttermere, and they were certainly right! The children had pancake stacks with fruit and ice cream and absolutely loved them. And it makes a change to find REAL Maple Syrup being used rather than cheap syrup. They finished it off with homemade Sticky Toffee Pudding which was excellent.

My wife and I both had burgers, my wife choosing the Stilton burger and myself the Chilli. The large burgers are made from steak and you can really taste the difference. Mine not only had homemade chilli relish but also battered and fried Jalapeños - what a great idea! I decided upon a medium Americano coffee, their medium would be a large anywhere else so goodness knows how big the large coffee is! Great coffee, a medium with 3 shots as standard! My wife had a coke (proper stuff in glass bottles and not watered down syrup from a pump like you get in a pub) whilst the kids had milkshakes complete with whipped cream and a selection of chocolate and marshmallows. Fantastic!

We'll definitely be coming again. The only downside is that the cafe is small but it's worth waiting for a table if you can. It's great value too and not a rip off like so many other places in the lakes that pass off ready meals as homemade. I only wish they could open evenings as we found finding places to eat after a day out rather limited for choice with having children.

Highly recommended!!!

5  Thank Dave1862

Reviewed 23 June 2014

we have been here a few times, and are never dissapointed. the route A66 burger is fantastic, and you get coke in a real glass bottle! you have to try it...

4  Thank deanndeb
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Lovely food and one of best coffee I've had. The staff were really polite and our food came fast. Would come here again.

3  Thank Verity A
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Fantastic experience! Must go!!!!!
I had the best ever pancakes, bacon and maple syrup! Other half had eggs Benedict! Outside seating and booths inside, really well decorated. Really nice people & good music.
Just off the A66 onto A5271 near the pheasant Inn - Jennings pub ( give the pub a miss as it's not very pleasant )
Can't wait to go back the next time I'm in Keswick! Shame it does not open in the evening!

6  Thank Gaily1
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Had the pancakes with bacon and they were amazing! First visit and will ve coming back a great little place! Will do well

4  Thank Jacob T