“Good cheap food”
Review of Yankee Bites - CLOSED

Yankee Bites
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I've been here twice now and enjoyed both visits. I can't comment on others seemingly poor visits, as our food has always been tasty and well cooked and there is certainly plenty of it.

Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

Been to Yankee Bites in Keswick. Really nice staff and always good honest food. I often eat there and I really love it...

Reviewed 15 February 2013

4 of us ate here. the food was absolutley diabolical. uncooked. burned. you could not have cooked this food any worse if u tried. i am aghast at the other POSITIVE reviews. i would sooner die of malnutrition than eat here again.

Reviewed 14 November 2012

I go regularly & have loved the place from the first time I went in. But i'm slowly falling out of love with the place due to the selection of staff! The usual couple who serve me are lovely, a brunette girl and a decent local lad who cooks the food properly.... The usual let down is the big numb foreign idiot who cooks, can't seem to even get cheese on my chips when it's one of two things I order, and he seems to lead the blonde girl behind the counter astray. I have to assume that she's an ordinarily nice girl, but when they work together it's as if none of them care a toss in all honesty. I usually go every day but I will check to see when this you know what is cooking and walk the other way. Fantastic place otherwise.

P.S, you owe me for one chips & cheese ( I got home before I realized )

Reviewed 21 October 2012

I happened to walk past one day, ironically on my way to get some fish and chips. I decided to change my plans and go for this instead and I'm very pleased that I did. The place does a variety of takeaway food from burgers to hot dogs to pizzas. I tried both the hot dogs and the burgers. I would recommend both but especially the burgers, with a side order of chips or onion rings. Everything was freshly made to order, nicely cooked (char-grilled not burnt, do some people not know the difference?), with tasty ingredients. The onion rings were a revelation. Recommended.