Avoid if you want a quiet weekend
1. Booked and paid for a superior room but this hotel only has standard doubles according to Reception staff. Informed website is out off date!
2. Room size cramped only fit for 1person. Had to side step to get in to bed because the room was so narrow. Stayed in room 5
3. Don't expect ANY sleep on a Friday evening because the market stalls start setting up at 4am. The noise was constant right through until breakfast! Ear plugs in the room say it all. No mention of this on the website. Total lack sleep ruined our weekend!
4. No bath even though we booked a superior room
5. Perhaps training for one of the hotel/bar female staff wouldn't go a miss. Can't fault the breakfast staff
6. No complimentary bottle of wine on arrival as per the booking
Can't fault the cleanliness of the tight double room apart from the dead fly on the pillow case on arrival. Although bed was comfy.
Overall wish we had booked somewhere else
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly refurbished AA 3 star Hotel right in the centre of Keswick, the Lake District. In the 17th century, Keswick was the crossroads for many of the horse and carriage routes which traversed this part of the English Lake District. The Kings Arms Hotel, a true Coaching Inn of that period, offers the traveller of today the same unrivaled hospitality and friendly service in keeping with its heritage. To stay at the Kings Arms Hotel in Keswick is to experience the legacies, in modern day comfort and luxury, of a true Coaching Inn. A warm and friendly smile awaits you from our well trained staff, whose aim is to make your stay one of many. The air-conditioned, newly refurbished restaurant serves appetising home-cooked dishes such as slow-cooked local lamb joints and the almost-famous spare ribs, beef & Jennings ale pie, delicious hand-cut, home-cooked chips plus mouth-watering hot and cold desserts. After a hearty meal, why not relax in front of the open fire with a drink in the newly-refurbished, cosy oak-beamed bar and watch the world go by outside on the streets of Keswick. With over 40 whisky's and some of the best local ales on tap the choice is yours. Or in the summer months take a seat in the charming courtyard, which is the perfect place to enjoy delicious food and a refreshing drink al fresco. There are 13 recently refurbished bedrooms all with their own shower rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Agoda so you can book your The Kings Arms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kings Arms Hotel Keswick, Lake District