“Excellent”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Keswick
Leeds
“Excellent”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have stayed here a couple of times and it is a lovely place to stay. The rooms are spacious and clean. The food in the restaurant is lovely and service is very good. Will definitely come back - highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ElainefromLeeds
Leah D, Guest Relations Manager at The Kings Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Elaine

Thank you for your lovely review and for recommending us on tripadvisor.

We love to hear that our guests have been looked after and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Kings Arms in the future.

Leah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was the first time me and my wife have been to the kings arms.We looked at the menu which was outside and decided to go in for our tea.We got a few drinks from the bar and the staff were very friendly and helpful.We went down into the restaurant and got show to our table.As soon as we sat down the staff came straight over with the menu and also a bottle of water to have with our dinner.I picked the recomendation of the day which was chicken supreme.My wife picked the home made steak pie.When the food came it was nice and hot and looked very nice.
The chicken was cooked perfect and and the whole dish was very tasty.My wife had the pie with chips and veg,the pie was huge and packed full of steak.The veg was also cooked perfect.I had to help my wife finish off the pie.I would really recommend the food here and also the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Leah D, Guest Relations Manager at The Kings Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Robbie

Thank you for your lovely review and for choosing to dine with us during your stay. I’m very happy to hear that you enjoyed the food and service on offer. We hope to see you again soon!

Berwick-upon-Tweed, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights sat/sun in room 7. It was a very dark room as it had a very small window which overlook a bar and night club, hence the earplugs in the room.
We stayed with our dog and did read the website that said dog beds and water bowl provided.
good job we took out own ad there was nothing in the room unlike the Skiddaw which we have
stayed in with our dog.

I cant say I had much sleep over the weekend with the noise of the nigh club and the fact if you shut the window you couldn't breath every my dog was panting. I much prefer a quiet place but I do understand staying in the main street in Keswick would be noisy but I have to say the Skiddaw hotel next door was much better and cheaper.

Room Tip: not room 7
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Alison

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review from your recent stay at the Kings Arms Hotel.

I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t get the chance to make use of the dog bed and water bowl that we supply; these are given out to guests upon request, as not everyone would appreciate a dog bed and bowl in their room upon arrival. If this had been mentioned to a member of staff at the time of your stay, they would have happily supplied these items to you.

As the Kings Arms hotel is situated in the town centre, and being an historic building, noise can seem more apparent than if you were in a newly built hotel or in the middle of the countryside. We do our best to deal with this and try to ensure our guests have as pleasant stay as possible.

I hope you can see that the noise is out of our hands but we do our utmost to provide comfort for our guests with double glazing in all the rooms.

We hope that this experience has not put you off returning to the Kings Arms in the future
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Had a few drinks here and we both loved it! Modern and clean facilities, with the main pub being cosy and welcoming. Drinks were fairly priced, and a wide range of gins and whisky. We didn't have a meal here, however the menu looked plentiful. I thoroughly enjoyed my time spent in here.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Cf1234

Thank you for your lovely review from your recent visit. It is always lovely to hear customer’s comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Kings Arms Hotel

Billinge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Ate her after arriving and seeing a lot of people inside. Roaring log fire and fashionable decor. Chairs and low tables in the bar area not comfortable but at least we had the people watching view out the big window. Hubby had the pumpkin tagine which he said was good and I had a jacket potato which was very disappointing for a lunch snack. Was cooked in the microwave and the beans seemed cheap ones.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank S V
Leah D, Guest Relations Manager at The Kings Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear S V

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review from your recent visit to the Kings Arms Hotel.

It’s nice to hear that the welcoming atmosphere of the Kings Arms enticed you in to join us for lunch. However, I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your lunch; I can assure you that all of our meals are made from fresh, local produce. If you had brought this to our attention at the time of your visit, we would have happily replaced the meal for you.

I hope that this experience will not put you off returning to the hotel in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is a traditional pub and hotel right in the centre of Keswick. Ideal spot to stay and/or eat if you're touring the lakes.

We weren't staying there, but we did enjoy a lovely lunch in their restaurant.
Excellent service and excellent food at a reasonable price.
Well-kept beer and cosy bar: we particularly appreciated the weather forecast print-outs on display on the bar. Very useful, as the weather can be changeable.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Y Bwchan

Thank you leaving a great review and for visiting the Kings Arms Hotel.

It’s nice to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and were looked after by our team. Thank you for highly recommended us on tripadvisor, we look forward to welcoming you back to the
Kings Arms in the near future.

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

After reading some very good reviews on trip advisor we decided to dine at this establishment.
The hotel and decor of the place was excellent,however the food was very poor.
I chose the starter of a half rack of ribs with sweet chilli coating,I can only compare what came as to a dried pigs ear. Not one to complain I decided to soldier on hoping better was to come,unfortunately not. My main of gourmet burger and twice cooked chips came next. The chips were harder than nails.
My wife's meal was also poor the mash she received was flavourless and hard.
When paying for our meal I felt I had to tell the supervisor about this and was told that they were changing the menu soon (oh that's ok then) !! All the supervisor was interested in was waving the pdq machine in the air trying frantically to get the payment through.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank iancarroll67
Dear Ancarroll67

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review from your recent visit with us.

At the Kings Arms Hotel we are well known for our home-cooked food, we aim to use fresh local products to get the best taste and flavours from our meals, which we are praised for from one off and returning customers. I would like to apologise, that from reading your review, it appears our meals were not up to our usual standard.

I hope that you will not let this experience put you off visiting us again at the Kings Arms Hotel

Leah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keswick
The Skiddaw Hotel
Lodore Falls Hotel
Lodore Falls Hotel
#5 of 5 in Borrowdale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,023 reviews

Been to The Kings Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!