“Immaculate Rooms”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Keswick
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Immaculate Rooms”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed here for a night just before Easter passing through Keswick on our way back to Scotland. We checked prices on Internet which were higher than the stand by walk in rate so worth doing both. Receptionist gave us the keys to 2 rooms for us to inspect. Both equally immaculate but one had slightly better view that we plumped for. Breakfast was good. Pub downstairs good too. Rooms a wee bit small that we saw but otherwise would return here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Polly Y
Leah D, Guest Relations Manager at The Kings Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Polly

Thank you for your lovely review and for deciding to stay at the Kings Arms Hotel.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel and facilities satisfactory. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Kings Arms in the near future.

Leah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Morell, Canada
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights and were welcomed by a lovely staff and our room was comfortable and modern. The bed was really nice and the bath robes an added bonus. Breakfasts were included in our rate and they were very tasty and the proportions were generous. As it is right in the middle of town, we were close to all amenities, but we really had little outside noises in our room!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CoCo17
Leah D, Guest Relations Manager at The Kings Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear CoCo17

Thank you for your lovely review from your recent stay with us.

I’m pleased to hear that you that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were welcoming and looked after by our friendly team. We hope to welcome you back to the Kings Arms Hotel in the ear future.

Blyth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

So- Gail and I took her parents to the lakes for a couple of days and whilst in Keswick decided to have an evening meal in the kings Arm's- I have eaten here before and the food has always been good- they used to do a huntsman's lunch(ploughman's) which was excellent- anyway the bar was full so we went down the stairs into the restaurant-- service was good- but I was a bit annoyed when I went to the bar and ordered a pint of Guinness-the barmaid tried to charge me £4.10 when it was on the drinks list as £3.80- only 30p but not on. pricy enough for Keswick- I digress- the food choice was good and the meals chosen were as follow- rump steak- well cooked and presented- Steak pie- served in a....metal dish of sorts- pie was good- Pork pie- again served in a metal tin- pie was ok, but hardly any filling and did not taste as good as it sounded on the menu- finally the Ribs..3no and very well cooked but far to big and it needs to be explained- Gail thought they were something from the Flintstones- so overall ok food- good service- a bit overpriced for the food- lots of other places to eat a lot cheaper for same quality-don't get me wrong it does a job and as I said the food was good- would I eat there again......

1 Thank Ian M
Dear Ian M

Thank you for your review, I’m glad to hear that you decided to return to the Kings Arms restaurant on your recent stay in the Lakes.

I’m pleased to hear that you found the restaurant and service to be up to standard, though surprised to read your comments about the food being overpriced and like something from the Flintstones. All of the meals on our menu are reasonably priced and are served fresh, if there were problems with your food we would have been happy to rectify these at the time.

I apologise for the incident at the bar, your comments are appreciated and we will take this up with the team to ensure mistakes like this don’t happen again.

We hope to welcome you back to the Kings Arms Hotel again on your next visit to the Lakes.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed for one night at the Kings Arms for work and the room was lovely and spacious with a lovely decor. Breakfast the in the morning was lovely. I would love to go back with my husband for a romantic break later in the year.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Leah D, Guest Relations Manager at The Kings Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Allison

Thank you for your lovely review. We look forward to seeing you and your husband on your next stay with us.

Kind regards
Leeds
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have stayed here a couple of times and it is a lovely place to stay. The rooms are spacious and clean. The food in the restaurant is lovely and service is very good. Will definitely come back - highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ElainefromLeeds
Dear Elaine

Thank you for your lovely review and for recommending us on tripadvisor.

We love to hear that our guests have been looked after and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Kings Arms in the future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was the first time me and my wife have been to the kings arms.We looked at the menu which was outside and decided to go in for our tea.We got a few drinks from the bar and the staff were very friendly and helpful.We went down into the restaurant and got show to our table.As soon as we sat down the staff came straight over with the menu and also a bottle of water to have with our dinner.I picked the recomendation of the day which was chicken supreme.My wife picked the home made steak pie.When the food came it was nice and hot and looked very nice.
The chicken was cooked perfect and and the whole dish was very tasty.My wife had the pie with chips and veg,the pie was huge and packed full of steak.The veg was also cooked perfect.I had to help my wife finish off the pie.I would really recommend the food here and also the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Leah D, Guest Relations Manager at The Kings Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Robbie

Thank you for your lovely review and for choosing to dine with us during your stay. I’m very happy to hear that you enjoyed the food and service on offer. We hope to see you again soon!

Berwick-upon-Tweed, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights sat/sun in room 7. It was a very dark room as it had a very small window which overlook a bar and night club, hence the earplugs in the room.
We stayed with our dog and did read the website that said dog beds and water bowl provided.
good job we took out own ad there was nothing in the room unlike the Skiddaw which we have
stayed in with our dog.

I cant say I had much sleep over the weekend with the noise of the nigh club and the fact if you shut the window you couldn't breath every my dog was panting. I much prefer a quiet place but I do understand staying in the main street in Keswick would be noisy but I have to say the Skiddaw hotel next door was much better and cheaper.

Room Tip: not room 7
Dear Alison

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review from your recent stay at the Kings Arms Hotel.

I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t get the chance to make use of the dog bed and water bowl that we supply; these are given out to guests upon request, as not everyone would appreciate a dog bed and bowl in their room upon arrival. If this had been mentioned to a member of staff at the time of your stay, they would have happily supplied these items to you.

As the Kings Arms hotel is situated in the town centre, and being an historic building, noise can seem more apparent than if you were in a newly built hotel or in the middle of the countryside. We do our best to deal with this and try to ensure our guests have as pleasant stay as possible.

I hope you can see that the noise is out of our hands but we do our utmost to provide comfort for our guests with double glazing in all the rooms.

We hope that this experience has not put you off returning to the Kings Arms in the future
Leah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keswick
The Skiddaw Hotel
Lodore Falls Hotel
Lodore Falls Hotel
#5 of 5 in Borrowdale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,028 reviews

Been to The Kings Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!