Bagsend B&B
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Keswick
See available hotels
Very Good 4/5
Very Good 4/5
Good 3.5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
Excellent 5/5
Lyzzick Hall Hotel(Under Skiddaw)
Great 4.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed here many times over the last 20 years even before Tony & Jane took over. Always made to feel very welcome. Rooms are very clean and great value for money. Tony is a brilliant cook and makes a very hearty breakfast. Thank you for another very enjoyable stay

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank wennortheast
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Jane was very helpful when we turned up, very wet and none too clean after a motorcycle ride down from Southern Scotland. She kindly provided carrier bags to stick our wet panniers to save her carpet in the bedroom.
Everything is clean and functioning properly
it is a great location for the centre of Keswick.
There was a shower & basin in our room, with a seperate toilet & bathroom with another toilet.
Breakfast was one of the best Veggie breakfasts I have had- Thanks Tony
they were very accommodating by allowing us to put our Motorbikes in their little courtyard out the back.
I will happily stay again.
its basic, not 4 star, but for £25 per person per night, its very good value for money, with great hosts

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arramattic
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Having booked the room through the Lake District National Park website, Tony and Jane got back to me to let me know that the payment hadn't go through. They kindly kept the room for us and didn't require a deposit, being very helpful along the way. Thanks to their help we were not left without accommodation on one of the busiest weekends of the year.

The Bagsend is a 5 min walk from Keswick city centre, and a short 30 min walk to the Stone Circle. Located on a quiet area of town, there is seldom a noise at night, fantastic to rest after a long day of walking. The B&B doesn't have a parking area, although there is usually plenty of parking slots available in the streets nearby.

There are three rooms, one single and two doubles. We used the double, a charming, cozy room equipped with TV, shower, basin, kettle, tea-hot chocolate-coffee-biscuits double bed (excellent mattress, we slept like babies), wardrobe and plenty of drawers to leave your belongings. There is no hairdryer in the room, so make sure to bring your own. I didn't ask for one, so I don't know if it'd be possible to borrow one from the owners, check with them if needed. Laundry services are available on an independent launderette a few meters away from the B&B. The toilet is outside on the corridor, with a single toilet and a separate bathroom where there is also a shower. Both toilets and the room were on a pristine clean condition.

Breakfast is served at a time agreed with the owners, a hearty, abundant full English or full vegetarian English breakfast accompanied by a choice of muesli/cereals, orange juice, white/brown toasts and tea/coffee, served on a charming dinning room with a delightful table next to the window which makes it even nicer. The other guests have breakfast in the same room, which gives the opportunity to enjoy a good morning chat. We enjoyed a great atmosphere and nice chat with the other guests, a group of lovely people who have been coming to this B&B for years.

I can't stress enough how very helpful and kind have Tony and Jane been. They are a nice, chatty, welcoming couple that will make you feel at home and welcomed whilst respecting your privacy. Always happy to help, they will give you plenty of tips and information on routes, transportation, activities, going the extra mile to answer your questions and make it a nice experience. One of the best places I've stayed in, we have truly enjoyed our stay and will definitely come back if travelling to Keswick again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank keyra800
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Been visiting this B and B since 2007 and I've never looked back. Very clean, great value and nothing is any trouble. The single has a lovely double aspect window where you can see Latrigg. The beakfasts are always generous and normally you will find yourself with like-minded people in a great atmosphere. I have met a lot of lovely people by staying here. I normally visit 4-6 times a year. Bagsend is a few minutes walk into town.
I always wake up here with an overwealming feel-good vibe.
Tony and Jane are wonderful people with great characters and are very knowledgeable about the area.
I always look forward to my visits and I have been so disappointed on the occasions Ive needed to cancel.
Home from home.

Room Tip: Rooms are great value.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank rachelle68
Reviewed 16 June 2012

As a single traveller, good value accommodation is very hard to track down, especially in tourist hotspots (ie.anywhere in the Lake District.) The single room in this b and b is excellent value although you do have to pop across the landing to the toilet and bathroom. Room is small but clean and warm. Jane and Tony offer a warm welcome and a delicious cooked breakfast. Nothing is too much trouble. Just a few minutes walk from the town centre. Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo