“Don't go anywhere else!”
Review of George Fisher Ltd

George Fisher Ltd
Ranked #2 of 21 Shopping in Keswick
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit our store in Keswick, shop online or give us call ... for outdoor, climbing, walking and camping equipment. We have huge stocks of waterproof jackets and pants, boots, ice axes, all kinds of travel accessories, maps, books, rucksacks, backpacking, trekking and mountaineering gear ... and at great prices.
Reviewed 4 March 2014

What a great experience. After about 4 years of heel, ankle & foot pain I had resigned myself to not being able to enjoy anything more than a 30 min stroll on pathways. I went to see Andrew Stanley at Rebound (Settle) who had some fantastic inserts made for shoes / boots which I wear daily. I took these to George Fishers who has provided every pair of walking boots I have ever owned. The lady measured my feet, listened to the difficulties I have had and patiently showed me a range of wider ladies boots to suit my needs. There was a much bigger choice than I expected and a wide price range. Her knowledge was impressive and her patience very welcome as i didn't feel under any pressure to make a purchase and had lots of time to try the boots on the stone bridge they have specially to try the footwear. Consequently I have just enjoyed a week in the lakes and walked for 5 days for 4 - 6 miles each day with no discomfort during or after the walk WHATSOEVER!!!! I cannot believe the difference and am really delighted that I now feel confident enough to get my maps out and back on the Lakeland fells with hubby and puppy. Its not an exaggeration to say it has changed my life and I can't wait for the better weather, picnics and the higher peaks. Many thanks x

1  Thank MoresbyHall
George_Fisher_Ltd, Manager at George Fisher Ltd, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you 'MoresbyHall' for such a lovely review! We're really pleased to have helped you enjoy the fells & countryside so much more .. and hope that you've been out enjoying the sunny weather we've been having this week.

For anyone else reading this ... you might like to know that we hold regular "walkers' clinics" with Andrew Stanley providing consultations in-store? Keep an eye on our website and Facebook page for details & dates ... or pop in and ask our staff in the Boot Room for advice at any time.

Kind Regards, Paul

Reviewed 20 February 2014

This is the best outdoor shop that I've been in whilst looking for a new pair of boots, Sean's knowledge & advice of boot types, of how to adapt the boot by trying various techniques was brilliant, as well as his patience whilst I was trying on the various types. No pressure to purchase at all, just the need to get the right boots for you - its how all boot rooms should operate !! Thanks

1  Thank NT_1968
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

This is a stunning outdoor shop with a cafe ,set over four floors. It's the most attractive, impressive outdoor shop I've ever been in.

Over the years I've popped in to lust after the latest clothes and equipment or browse the books. I probably buy something one visit in four and spend the rest of the time talking to the staff (who love the lakes) and checking the gear out.

One time my daughter didn't know which was the best jacket to get out of one she has seen there or another in Cotswold. She asked for advice and after a few questions to find out what she wanted the jacket for, the staff member said 'the Cotswold one would be better for you'. We were so impressed by the knowledge and honesty and we make a point of buying our gear there if we can.

Even if you don't need anything, pop in and have a look at what a beautiful outdoor shop should look like and have a coffee in the cafe.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I use this shop whenever I want very good walking/rambling gear.. All the staff, and there are many, are very helpfull, knowledgable and pleasant. And they don't try to sell you the most exspensive item. If there is one cheaper and does the same job they tell you. I got a Berghaus jacket in the January sale with a great discount. If you are a mountaineer or a weekend walker, this is the shop for you.

Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

This is a fantastic shop. Here you will get the best quality, properly fitted walking boots to ensure your blisters are kept to a minimum. In fact the store sells just about all the equipment you could ever need to make the best of the great outdoors.
Excellent tea room upstairs as well.

7  Thank Howi58