“Excellent advice and assistance”
Review of George Fisher Ltd

George Fisher Ltd
Ranked #1 of 20 Shopping in Keswick
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit our store in Keswick, shop online or give us call ... for outdoor, climbing, walking and camping equipment. We have huge stocks of waterproof jackets and pants, boots, ice axes, all kinds of travel accessories, maps, books, rucksacks, backpacking, trekking and mountaineering gear ... and at great prices.
Radstock, United Kingdom
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Excellent advice and assistance”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We visited this shop to purchase a replacement pair of walking boots for our son, whose previous pair had worn out. The lady in the shop measured his feet and even took the insole out so that he could stand on it and see how much room there was in the boots for growth. If he grows out of the boots we were told to take them back to the shop and they would give us half the cost against the price of a new, larger pair - no time limit! Excellent customer service and such pleasant staff too!

Visited July 2014

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Professional, easy, great value boot hire!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

New to mountain hiking so decided to hire 'decent' boots rather than wear my cheap and cheerful ones. Had a comfy pair with special insoles, brand new high quality leather would have been over £165.00 to buy - for just £15.00 for the week. Staff could not have been more friendly, helpful and efficient.

Visited July 2014
Felixstowe, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent service.....oregon600”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Went to GeorgeFisher to look at GPS units. Glad I did as they provide a service second to none. They spent a long time making sure I bought the best unit for my needs not just pushing the most expensive. Ok you may be able to buy the unit a little cheaper elsewhere however the after sales is more than first rate. Three members of staff are really knowledgeable and only to willing to help explaining in detail what I was doing wrong. The have told me any problems they will help me even if it is over the phone. On the one occasion they could not help as the correct staff member was not available (sat) I received a call first thing on the Monday morning.Ihave been back to them three times now and they cannot be more helpful. Buy your unit from them!

Visited June 2014
Southport, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I previously lived in Keswick and took this shop for granted. I have been trying to buy a waterproof jacket , tried my local shops and the outdoor chain shops in Liverpool, where I felt I was informing the shop assistant rather than the other way round. In desperation I made the 200 mile round trip to George Fishers. I told them what I wanted, they told me what I actually needed plus made me try it on with layers underneath to ensure year round fit and showed me how to adjust it and care for it- without trying to sell additional products.
Similar story with boots last year, only the lady in the boot room declined to sell me a pair until I had tried on a larger size which had to be ordered in . (Even though I thought the smaller ones fitted) . The shop rang me when they were in and as she had predicted they fitted better.
Excellent service, knowledgable staff won't try any where else again.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Andrew K
George_Fisher_Ltd, General Manager at George Fisher Ltd, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Hi Andrew
Thanks for the great post. Hopefully your experience is similar to the majority of people who visit our store.
We work hard to build up knowledge and our experienced staff work hard to match individuals' requirements to the most appropriate products.
Pleased that you appreciate what we try to do.
Regards
Andy
Lancashire
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Don't miss out on the cafe”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Absolutely lovely little cafe upstairs, we couldn't get in last time as it gets very busy with walkers.

Orders the special panini and the rarebit, which tasted absolutely delicious (definitely recommend it if never tried before). We were pleasantly surprised abut the colourful five-a-day style side salad which came with our food too.

The staff were polite and made sure all customers were served.

Very wholesome food and we look forward to visiting again.