“Ultimate Relaxation!”

Oxley's at Underscar
More attraction details
Owner description: Oxley's at Underscar is renowned for its superb Lake District location near Keswick in the Northern Lakes. Our first class service includes a wide range of spa treatments, from indulgent massages and detoxifying body wraps, to nourishing facials and a variety of holistic therapies, and we use only the finest, pure and natural spa products including Decleor, Neom Organics, Live Native and Jessica Natural Nail Care. Our specially tailored spa packages are designed to appeal to both men and women and include full use of the superb leisure facilities and a delicious lunch.
Derby, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ultimate Relaxation!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I am local to Keswick and have been up to Oxley's a few times. Most recently I went up for a 'Tranquillity Facial and Head Massage' which was simply amazing, I would highly recomend this treatment. Amelia the therapist was lovely, as well as being a natural with confidence and competence she made that extra effort to make my treatment unique and well suited to my preferences. The facilities are perfect and very clean, the steam room is by far the best I've been in! I must comment on how friendly and helpful the reception staff are. They have made me feel genuinely welcome on all of my visits, which ultimately adds to the relaxation experience.My next visit will be a spa day to celebrate my Mums birthday in August- I can't wait! Thank you all at Oxley's!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Toby065

43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Having been staying in one of the Underscar apartments we have had use of the spa facilities all week. My wife had a massage in the spa and came out feeling much more relaxed than se went in.

The staff have been friendly and the facilities well maintained. One day the entire area had a power cut, not just the complex, the staff were very helpful and kept us informed with the latest estimate for when the power was to be restored.

The pool has been fantastic and I've loved relaxing in the sauna and the jacuzzi. There is also a steam room, but I've not made use of this.

The gym is small in size, but well equipped with cycle machine, treadmill, cross trainer, rowing machine, multi gym (weights) amongst the machines present. There is also a mat with various devices for body resistance training.

Visited June 2014
Cockermouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic - fully recharged and relaxed”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Honestly don't know what some of the reviewers on here are talking about. The spa is a fantastic tranquil place, friendly staff, superb clean facilities, surprisingly good sized pool, steam room and sauna to die for, jacuzzi I wanted to take home.

I spent the afternoon in the place and had a massage by Victoria which was excellent, perfect pressure, I feel renewed and reinvigorated.

Its a great place, good value, brilliant location.

Will be back.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank LakesMuppet
Workington, England
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Worst Spa Day Ever, Ever, Ever”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Where do I start, Rude staff, jacuzzi not working, massage treatment unprofessional and painful, Incredibly poor value for money, Bannatyne Spa in Carlisle is so much better value for money, The staff are very attentive unlike the rude staff at Oxleys, We will never return, ever.
Thanks for ruining my Bank Holiday weekend you should be ashamed of youselves.

2 Thank DavieeH
Sally-Anne M, Manager at Oxley's at Underscar, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
We at Oxley’s would like to apologise for the disappointing Spa Day you describe, however it has come as a bit of a shock to us as we were not made aware on the day that there was a problem.

We are sorry that you left feeling unhappy as we always strive to provide the best service and hope that everyone leaves our Spa feeling relaxed and well looked after.

Please could you contact us to talk through your issues and we will try our very best to rectify them.
Carlisle, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Fantastic...”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

A full day spa,
I was pampered within an inch of my life....
Lovely, clean place...