Castlefell Bed & Breakfast
US$274
US$242
Scafell Hotel(Rosthwaite)
US$242
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This B&B is very handy if you are going to an event at the Rugby Club as it is very close.

Only two guest rooms so very nice and quiet. We had the room at the front which was nicely decorated and very clean and comfortably. Kendal mint cake tea and biscuits were left in our room. I couldn't fault it.

Breakfast was well cooked and the breakfast room very pleasant.

Parking is limited but you could park on the Rugby club car park.

We would stay again. :-)

Room Tip: The front room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jan S
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed here for 1 night in April. Our room was upstairs at the front of the house and was spacious and very quiet. The en-suite was roomy with a good shower etc. We thought the little touch of mini chocolates on arrival in our room were lovely - just nice with a hot cup of tea after a long day! Breakfast was very good with a number of options. As for location, Castlefell is only a few minutes walk from town and the lake.
What made our stay so enjoyable was Sarah. She was so helpful & clearly has a heart of gold, with a good sense of humour. Also, like others have said, Castlefell feels like home.
If we ever return to Keswick we would not hesitate to stay here again & for a longer period.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Caz H
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I booked this B & B on a last minute whim as wanted a night in Keswick. I was late arriving and recieved a friendly text from Sarah asking if I knew what time I would get there. When I arrived, Sat Nav takes you straight to the property, Sarah was very welcoming and after showing me the room we had a good chat before I settled in.
As already mentioned on other reviews, the B & B is only a couple of minutes walk away from the town centre and about 5 mins walk away from Derwentwater, being opposite Hope Park.
I had booked a double room but was given a larger room at the back of the house (at no extra cost) as there is some construction work going on on the other side of the road. This was a very thoughtful gesture on Sarah's part.

I had a great nights sleep followed by a delicious breakfast. Even though I was their only guest that night, there was still lots of choice.

I would return to the B & B anytime as it feels like home from home and as a single female traveller, it is great to have somewhere which feels like that.

Thank you Sarah and Joe, for a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed for New Years Eve in Keswick. Very nice double room with ensuite, lovely breakfast with a choice of cereals and juices and a full English. Friendly, welcoming owner who couldn't be nicer and very good, central location. Lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed for one night 22/11/2013. The room was warm, comfortable and clean. The breakfast was fantastic. The couple were so lovely and welcoming! We felt at home :-) The location was spot on. Literally 3 minute walk and your in town! :-) we ate at The Pheasant Inn, a 25 minute walk- very much a country pub! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013