“Stunning views and starry skies”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keswick
Dalebottom Farm Caravan & Camping Park
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Stunning views and starry skies”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Convenient for Derwent, Bassenthwaite and Thirlmere lakes which is important to us for kayaking. Great walks to be had from the campsite.

Lots of hot water in the ladies block and plenty of cushion soft loo roll!

There's a little shop on site which the farmer mans when needed. Not sure how well stocked it was but my children bought drinks and chocolate. Happy days. :)

We had awesome weather and enjoyed gazing upwards to the milkyway. We spotted a few meteors in the run up to the Persied Meteor shower.

It is a very laid back site so if you like rules stay away! I've no idea whether it's a noisy site because I'm not daft enough to camp anywhere without earplugs!!

Room Tip: Request a pitch in the bottom field or by the trees if you have a hammock!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Dootsydoo18

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Havant, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I don't normally write reviews but I visited last week and I feel it's only fair to give a bit of positive feedback to this campsite as it was instrumental to a very enjoyable stay for my friend and I.

We drove around a couple of places before choosing Dalebottom as it looked right for us. The people who ran the site were very friendly and helpful (particularly patient towards us newbie hikers/campers). The facilities were basic but clean and well maintained (with lovely warm showers- exactly what you need).

I can only speak for myself but if you want a relaxed atmosphere with mimimum fuss I would definitely recommend.

Incidentally there is a beautiful stone circle with views on the hill just above Keswick if you havent been, perfect for sitting and watching the sunset (with a beer or two perhaps).

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Daisy D
Reviewed 16 June 2012 via mobile

This is a basic campsite is cheap and for the price.you shouldn't expect anymore than what you get!
Toliets and shower block are clean and be thankful they are there instead.of complaining. You will not get a 4 star campsite for the price this farmer charges.
I have stayed here twice and I don't have.a grumble.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Jen126
Redcar
Reviewed 4 June 2012

A group of us went to the Keswick Beer festival & camped at this farm on the Friday night. Plenty of space, basic but clean facilities. The scenery is gorgeous, will be returning in the summer.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank l_sarah
Gtr Manchester
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Camped at Dalebottom farm for 1 night whilst visiting the Keswick Beer Festival. The site is quite a walk from Keswick centre. Takes around 1 hour to walk. The site is very basic. There are no set pitches, so with some consideration for other campers, you pitch wherever you like. There are no luxuries associated with this site - so if you don't enjoy basic camping this site is not for you. There is a site shop, with basic items. Showers (cost is 20p), clean toilets, and pot washing facilities (hot water for this costs 20p) The site is very quiet, no road noise. Although this a working farm you are not woken at some ungodly hour! No real lighting, so if you are going be back late remember to take a torch. The site has some amazing scenery, has to be seen. An amazing sight first thing in the morning - especially when you are used to waking up to bricks and mortar.
Would use the site again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TakeItEasy59
Lee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I enjoy the Lakes and decided to end the summer at Keswick and due to late booking Dalebottom Farm was one of our last options, in hindsight I wish we stayed at home.

The campsite was not cleaned, I believe its a working farm and the owners seemed more interested in the farm than us. There were alot of loud young groups which didnt help with us trying to get down for an early night.

We woke up and a few of our belongings had been stolen and we went to report this, and the site owner was very laid back with his response and said that we should have been careful with our belongs. After my disgust at his response, I requested him to investigate the matter further, and this is when he got aggressive and I really felt that he was going to assault me.

As you can appreciate, I am not the biggest fan of Dalebottom farm, but I would like to at least give potential new guests the opportunity to read this so that they are aware of the treatment and lack effort/customer service provided by the owner.

John My Loughlin

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
14 Thank John M
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2010

Dalebottom is an excellant campsite situated close to Keswick, our group has a summer camp each year within the Lake District area and this year's was one of the best, partly due to the campsite and its location near to Keswick. The camp was a weekend event, attended by approximately ten work colleagues, all relatively sensible. When we arrived on the Friday afternoon, soon after pitching the tents, we started the barbaque and beers amidst the tranquil setting of Dale Bottom. Later we called a taxi and headed into Keswick to savour the nightlife. Soon after midnight we headed back to the site and fired up the barbaque and beers until daybreak, great to see the sunrise over the campsite.

After a couple of hours sleep we all headed for Grisedale Pike, a bit of a tall order after the night before.

After the trek we were able to repeat the following night, however, this time a couple of groups from around the site joined us to see the day break.

All in all, a fantastic weekend at one of the most scenic and tranquil campsites in the Lake District.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends