“Great fun in a kayak”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great fun in a kayak”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I visited Platty + with my teenage son as we wanted to have a go at kayaking. The owners are very friendly, knowledgeable,helpful and answered all of my queries. There is good attention to your health and safety and buoyancy aids were provided along with a suitable kayak. Never having been in a kayak before, I found it easy to paddle and it was such good fun. The lake closest to the launch point is shallow and there are several small islands that you can land on. You are free to go all over Lake Derwent and pay for each hour the kayak is used. They also have canoes, a dragon boat, a viking boat, sailing boats and a power boat. It is only well signposted from one direction and you will need to park in the hotel car park (nice place to get a coffee) for which there is a £5 charge.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Platty + as a fab place to spend an hour or two.

Visited August 2013