“Sooo rude!”

Grange Bridge Cottage Tea Shop
Ranked #108 of 153 Restaurants in Keswick
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My dog was barely over the threshold, we were just enquiring whether there was any shade in the garden and the ?owner, in a loud and piercing voice (yet no other customers inside) informed us that dogs were not allowed inside. I was half way through replying that I would sit just outside the door when "so can you take IT outside" was directed at us! I did not observe any no dog notices, and I respect the owners preference for no dogs, but there is absolutely no need for such rudeness. I live locally, I am used to Keswick being so welcoming of dogs. Needless to say we did not eat here, and never will.....the cafe up the road is fabulous!!!!

5  Thank 123WTBB

Reviewed 30 June 2014

What more could you want after a long hike. A pot of tea and delicious cake in the most perfect location in delightful gardens by a river.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Lovely staff, quick service, & fabulous view, all rounded up by a brilliant cream tea, with fresh, warm scones, homemade raspberry preserve, & Cornish clotted cream, served with good tea, & hot chocolate topped with whipped cream.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

On finding this glorious tea room we went twice the first time for just a cuppa sat in the garden lapping up the sun! The second we walked from Keswick just to go there for lunch! Was delicious and very relaxing! Staff very helpful and would 100% go back. Ps really good ice creams too.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

After a day of walking in the rain, we dropped in just after lunch and had a coffee and home made soup and a roll. It was just what was needed. The service was calm and friendly. We followed our soup with one of their delicious ice creams.